Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #11
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: Ever switch from D-rated to E-rated of the SAME TIRE?

Def found the Toyo M/T's to have a bit more noise than the BFG A/T's, nothing obnoxious, and the diesel clatter covers up most of it. Plus the added bonus of how great these rigs look with big beefy tires! but the Toyo's (and nitto M/T's) are much quieter and wear better than most M/T's like Goodyear M/T or BFG M/T's

CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #12

I went from BFG D's to E's, no ride issues. My D tires were shot and so were the wheels. Too much load! I also upgraded to Mojave ATX wheels which are rated at 3100lb load ea.

Make sure you don't run them at 80PSI! 80PSI is for the smaller stock size 245/75 16.
I run 55F/60R. (see other thread on tire pressures)

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANZAC
I went from BFG D's to E's, no ride issues. My D tires were shot and so were the wheels. Too much load! I also upgraded to Mojave ATX wheels which are rated at 3100lb load ea.

Make sure you don't run them at 80PSI! 80PSI is for the smaller stock size 245/75 16.
It depends on your tire size and vehicle weight. The MAX is 80lbs at 3750 for the same size he as asking about (Ds are 65 @3305). Apparently some people have some pretty heavy vans, so ya never know.

And note you loose the "severe snow rating" with E's if you switch from Ds (the snowflake designation). I expect it's the compound, but not sure about that; I think it could also be tread depth. From what I've been able to gather both have the same "Triguard" sidewall polyester belts, but the Es have one or two more belts under the tread. I still prefer Ds, but YMMV. My van is 8600 lbs.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_gendreau
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANZAC

It depends on your tire size and vehicle weight. The MAX is 80lbs at 3750 for the same size he as asking about (Ds are 65 @3305). Apparently some people have some pretty heavy vans, so ya never know.
Right, that's all in the tire pressure thread.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote