Need some help to make sure I don't make a series of bad decisions.
I thought my rear springs were done, which they were. I installed these 43-1041
thinking it would give me a 4" lift, I was wrong.
I saw another poster here that installed these Pro Comp 22415
and got 7" lift out of it. Should I get these instead?
The van rides/tows much better now.
I tow a 7k lb trailer, van squats down 1.25" when hit with a weight distribution hitch.
2009 e150 with coils in the front, D60 F&R
Current tires are 265/70R17 (I think they're just under 32")
With the new springs, from the ground to the middle of the fender arch:
I have a tapered 2.5" lift block in the rear right now.
To be flat F/R I'd need a 5.75" lift block.
With a 7" lift block I'd have 1.25" rake.
Since I already installed the new springs here are a few questions on my mind...
- Can I get away with using higher lift blocks?
- What kind of taper should I get on the new blocks if getting higher lift blocks for proper pinon angle?
- How much rake is recommended?
- Will I need to replace the shocks with higher lift blocks?
- Will I need extended brake lines?
- Should I get bags? What are some good options?
Please let me know if there's something that I'm not considering or if I can add any more relevant info.
Photos attached are of the old leaf springs/u bolts.