Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #1

Fix'n to Bite the Bullet

Well, after some time of lurking on here and various 4x4 sites, I've finally made up my mind and going to pick up a Quigley 4x4. Should be getting all finalized with in the next few weeks.

After much thought and contemplation of what would be practical for me, I'm going with the 7 passenger, E150. Now some of you are probably thinking right now,,,,,150???? This will be an everyday driver. I don't tow heavy loads. I like the 4 quad seat options. Plus, being the parent, there are children to haul.

I had origianlly started off dreaming of getting an all out SMB, though after thinking more, and going to be using it as a daily driver,,,, just didn't seem a good option. Though still planning on getting something for camping, though that will come a bit down the road.

blkhalo996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #2

Re: Fix'n to Bite the Bullet

Congratulations. An alternative to a camper conversion is getting something like this instead.

http://livinlite.com/10.0-overview.php

Sure, trailers limit you a bit but it's about $50k cheaper than an SMB conversion! The small one sleeps four, has a small kitchen and costs less than an SMB penthouse top. No affiliation etc, I just think something like this is a worthwhile alternative to consider.
witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhalo996
Well, after some time of lurking on here and various 4x4 sites, I've finally made up my mind and going to pick up a Quigley 4x4. Should be getting all finalized with in the next few weeks.

After much thought and contemplation of what would be practical for me, I'm going with the 7 passenger, E150. Now some of you are probably thinking right now,,,,,150???? This will be an everyday driver. I don't tow heavy loads. I like the 4 quad seat options. Plus, being the parent, there are children to haul.

I had origianlly started off dreaming of getting an all out SMB, though after thinking more, and going to be using it as a daily driver,,,, just didn't seem a good option. Though still planning on getting something for camping, though that will come a bit down the road.

Congrats!

The E150 quigley 4x4 with the 5.4 would make an excellent package, especially if it is your daily driver.
R
Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #4

I think the E150 is a good choice. WIth it's 8600 GVWR it has ample capacity.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by witoke
Congratulations. An alternative to a camper conversion is getting something like this instead.

http://livinlite.com/10.0-overview.php

Sure, trailers limit you a bit but it's about $50k cheaper than an SMB conversion! The small one sleeps four, has a small kitchen and costs less than an SMB penthouse top. No affiliation etc, I just think something like this is a worthwhile alternative to consider.

Thanks for the link. That's one I haven't seen yet, and there are a few models that looks pretty good.

This is the one I've been drooling over: http://www.4x4tentrailers.com/Off_road_Tent_Trailer.php
blkhalo996 is offline   Reply With Quote