Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #11

I love the Fox shocks that I have. I had always been partial to Bilstein or Koni and was frankly leery of Fox, as I considered them more of a shock for rock crawlers and the like. I replaced the 6 Bilsteins on my van with 4 Fox dampers and could not be happier. Great rebound control along with an improved ride.

This past Sunday, I was driving a 1-ton DRW pick-up truck with my daughter behind me in the E-350. Both vehicles were at their respective GVWR. We hit one particularly bad frost heave that had the pick-up bobbing up and down and essentially out of control for a couple hundred feet. I called my daughter on the CB radio to ask how things went back there. She did not even know there was an issue. I'm putting new dampers on the pick-up today; they'd be Fox units if they were available for the application.

A couple notes of caution:
1.) If you have a Transfer Flow 46-gallon fuel tank, installation is a a little more complicated. Fox puts the body of the damper on the top for some reason, whereas the OEM and Bilstein mount that part on the bottom. To clear the fuel tank, I had to clearance out the driver's side upper mounting hole in the cross-member by about 1.5" and then weld a re-pad for the new upper mounting location. Not a huge job, but not a bolt-in either.
2.) Unless you have a bone-stock SMB, carefully measure the rear shock length at full droop and calculate the full compression distance. My rear suspension has additional overload springs and a couple other mods that made the standard RIP rear shock 2" too short. It provided the opportunity to get those lower rear shock mounts up higher like I always wanted, but it was a bit of additional work as well.

beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #12

Thanks Beaker for the heads up as my Fox Shocks from Agile should be here later in the month. I do have the Transfer Flow 46-gallon fuel tank, but my 2007 E-350 6.0l is a "bone-stock" SMB conversion (understand you have Quadvan). Other posts that were SMB conversions and replaced OME shocks with the Agile Fox shocks didn't mention the install problems you had, so hope everything goes OK.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #13

This thread needs a picture.

Sounds like you and John were able to connect.

-Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScience View Post
Any reviews on just the stabilizer?
I'm curious as well.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #15

Garage
I put the fox stabilizer from agile on a few years after the rip shocks and front springs. Definitely an upgrade over the spent rancho stabilizer that was on it.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #16

Garage
Hi,

I recently bought 2007 Ford E350, V10 SPORTSMOBILE Conversion and am considering putting Kelderman Air ride suspension on the rear & Fox 2.0 shocks on the front.

Any thoughts on this?
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #17

I'd stick with using shocks in the rear as well.

Edit, sorry, wow, what I just wrote sounds terrible, but I actually don't understand the previous post.

Are you going to use fox shocks all around plus the air ride? The air ride is a suspension, i.e. spring replacement. I don't think it replaces the shock absorption portion of controlling movement at all.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
Hi,

I recently bought 2007 Ford E350, V10 SPORTSMOBILE Conversion and am considering putting Kelderman Air ride suspension on the rear & Fox 2.0 shocks on the front.

Any thoughts on this?
I used to have a Provan Bengal Tiger (F-350 or Silverado 3500 based) and was considering putting a Kelderman on it. The folks at Provan told me that it was overkill for the Bengal and only appropriate for a Siberian (F-550 based). I have no other experience with this and am just passing on what they told me.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:52 PM   #19

After about 10,000 miles my 2011 E-350 was wandering down the road pretty good. I first tried the SMB Fox Steering Stabilizer which didn't help. I then took it to Agile. Ramsey correctly guessed it was worn bushings in the rear springs which introduced enough play that my van was always wandering. Problem solved. While I was there I had Agile put on some custom springs and Fox shocks front and rear. The rear is much, much better. The front, not so much...
bolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fox, shocks, shox, steeing stabilizer