Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #11

Re: Just Finished My E350 4x4 Conversion

Absolutetly a great job, I'm in the process of of doing the same conversion and have several questions. Did you section out the engine cross member, did you make the sway bar extensions,is their anyway to re use the f350 radiuse frame mounts to the frame,and did you use a drop pitman arm on the van steering box? Maybe ujoint could make a kit for this axle set up! Again great looking job, like how you added extra holes for future lift on the frame mounts

Dave

unimogdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #12

Thanks Turbostew- -----I would like to do a coil setup in the future, as a kit to use the later axles. I'm not a fan of the Ford trac bar on those axles, so I'd try to come up with something more durable. I've chased vibration & steering issues on too many of them!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #13

Turbostew. You can see in your pics, the rear leaf springs are out of line. The front wrap of the spring should be centered on the grommet. You can see how it's pushed to one side, probably squeaks right there like mine did.

Check both sides. As you can see in my pics, it's the same. Ford replaced my leafs under warranty. No more problems. In the lower pic, you can see the leaf is centered on the grommet.

I added a sway bar in-between pics.

Before

After
j.whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #14

You've got skilz, awesome job! - Any idea how many hours you put into it?
Old 09-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #15

To bad this person hasn't been here since 2011.

I would have liked to ask him a few questions regarding the 05-07 F350 front axle and coil springs..
Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 AM   #16

Garage

looking at ccv's website it looks like this could have been the guinea pig van for dereks 4x4 conversions. no idea if he still uses the same setup and parts, but if your interested in how it was done, give derek a call @ 970.699.6000.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
looking at ccv's website it looks like this could have been the guinea pig van for dereks 4x4 conversions. no idea if he still uses the same setup and parts, but if your interested in how it was done, give derek a call @ 970.699.6000.
Thanks! I just left a message..

I'm surprised I cant find more info or build threads regarding this 05-07 coil axle swap, as to me it sounds like the only custom parts needed are the radius arm and track bar mounts.. And coils are clearly a smoother ride for wash board roads and general driving.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebar
I'm surprised I cant find more info or build threads regarding this 05-07 coil axle swap, as to me it sounds like the only custom parts needed are the radius arm and track bar mounts.. And coils are clearly a smoother ride for wash board roads and general driving.
All modern QuadVan conversions use this setup. Radius arms are stock. But the brackets that mount to the frame are not stock, as the vans have a wider frame. Using stock F-series brackets on a van will introduce geometry issues. QuadVan also has some of their own brackets they add to the stock F-series axle, for things like the track-bar, shock mounts, steering stabilizer. etc They do not do kits though, only a full conversions.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:15 PM   #19

I started a similar swap and I like you radius arm bracket and track bar bracket. Do you know anyone who sells these parts are do they have to be fabricated? Do you have the specs?
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboStew View Post
Finally Pics!

Wow turbostew you look like you know what you doing good job man. I am doing a swap my self and need some help with measurements so I can get everything straight. I need help with the track bar mount and the radius arm mounting bracks. I'll try to post pics but I am not very internet savvy
Anthony93 is offline   Reply With Quote