Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #1

Lift Kit / Long Arm Kit for Quigley? Any experience?

http://www.coloradocampervan.com/Suspen ... stems.html

Anybody have any experience with this kit? More compression travel to the bump stops and bigger wheels always sounds like a good thing......

His complete 3" lift kit includes the longer arms, taller coils, longer shocks, sway bar drop kit, and track bar drop kit.....plus add a leafs and shocks in the rear....

Any opinions?

Ajamboree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #2

Re: Lift Kit / Long Arm Kit for Quigley? Any experience?

No experience but sounds like good solution that I'd be interested in as well. Did you get a price quote for that kit? -Bryce
bphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #3

$2550 if I remember correctly....
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #4

I will be installing this kit on my van shortly. I have half of the kit now and am waiting for the rest of it to arrive. I will make a thread for that once I've done so. If you aren't in a hurry to purchase something, I should have a pretty good review of it on here within the next month.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

I'm going to have his adjustable torque arms installed soon as replacements to the square tubes from quigley, I'll let you know how it goes.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #6

Can't wait to see some reviews on this. I was about to lengthen my front control arms to push the axle forward, but if his adjustable arms work, that may be easier.

Do you remember the price on just the arms? I'm currently running 35s, and they just barely touch the rear part of the fender when turning all the way, so moving the axle forward would be great.
Adventr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

$1055.00 spendy but if they are as well built as Derek (owner CCV) says they are...plus the abilty to be able to move the axle forward a bit for more tire clearance and they are rebuildable. Have mine ordered up, just waiting....

Just for comparison, Quigley wants $550 for the upper and lower round bar replacements, plus $45 in shipping, have yet to see the set that Derek has that he pulled off another van, but he says that they use very thin wall tubing compared to his, plus they are not adjustable or rebuildable.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #8

Very intriguing. I'd love to see a video of your suspension before and after going down the same trail at the same speed for comparison.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #9

Glad this thread is going somewhere....I'm looking forward to some reviews and second that video 'before and after' would be worthwhile...!

The long arms alone with out lift sounds intriguing too....

Adventur- you are currently running 35's on your stock quigley? How bad is the rubbing and have you done any fender trimming? I'm considering 35's on my stock quigley.....what power plant and gear ratios do you have? Does it feel adequate with 35's? Thx

I've been looking for more performance out of my quigley van....more articulation and better ground clearance and handling and bigger tires....so....

I had meetings with a local legendary 4x4 race shop (custom build jeep and everything else) and another local but nationally recognized big 4x4 parts fabricator to trouble shoot my van....I'm in the Colorado Rockies close to the Utah, so these guys get after it....at both places we talked extensively about improvements and even put the van up on the lift to have a detailed look....

I had the 4x4 shop patron take a close look at CCV's long arm/lift kit and talk to Derek on the phone....he was impressed by his kit and what Derek had to say....so I'm really considering these upgrades...

I'd love a UJOR kit and they too have been helpful in quoting an estimate for upgrades, but that would mean major modifications and $ that's outta reach right now...

Keep us posted....
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta

A friend had this much needed update done. Involved cutting, but was well worth it. He thought it fixed most of the hideous wander.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote