Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2021, 07:46 PM   #1

Lifted Rear Leaf Springs

Hello all, currently in the process of making my ford van 4x4. After a lot of research has landed me to this site time and time again, i figured i should just join. I have a 2006 E350 6.0 power stroke and have been gifted a 2000 f250 as a donor truck. I planned on using 4" lifted f250 super duty springs for the front and can weld up all the bracketry. What I need help with is the rear, as far as i can figure from my search is that only a few companies are making lifted econoline springs. i have not contacted them for just springs alone, but their site says they do not break up kits. iv also heard about some Denver company that makes springs for SMB maintenance, but could not find their actual company name. Any help is geatly appreciated, i do not want to run stock springs and blocks. i could run the lifted super duty rears, but will have to relocate mounts. Not a big deal, but the less fab, the less time. Can i get lifted springs that will bolt right in, do i contact a local spring shop about custom springs, or fab the mounts and run super duty springs? Thanks y'all!

isaari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:00 AM   #2

Greetings isaari -- ALCAN Springs - Colorado ?? - Lew - 970-241-2655 --

doublevan
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:35 AM   #3
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Lifted Rear Leaf Springs

There’s a few.....
Most well known and used is Deaver spring in CA. $$$ but they have built a ton of packs for heavy lifted vans, and very long wait time as of late
deaverspring.com

Then there’s also....
denverspringandsuspension.com

Most recently people have had luck with these guys in Gand Junction, less $$ and not as long of a wait
alcanspring.com
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:16 AM   #4

Since you have the donor truck, you can also swap so rear leafs. I took leafs from and F250 pack and added them to my e350 packs. Basically just picked the most in-between ones, and one had to be trimmed slightly. Mine still rides really well with the 2 extra leafs.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:58 PM   #5

Right on, thank you for all the info. This is a big help. Carringb I had forgot about the good old bastard pack! That just may be the best option with how backed up a lot of manufactures seem to be with everything going on.
isaari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #6

W/R/T The bastard pack, I"m looking to go this route myself.
The issue I have is I don't know how much to shove in there to get the lift I want now, and in the future.
Then again, I guess I can always add a block.

What would be rad is if a forum member measured the length and thickness of a 6" lfit custom pack, and that would give a home game-er a point of refrerence.
Then again, we are missing variables (arch, weight other things), but this would help put ya in the bastard ball park.
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #7

Most of the F series rear springs since the late 90's have very little arch to them. Most of your lift would come from additional spring thickness and additional load support.
Your not going to get a 6" no block lift by building a frankenpac from pickup leafs.
Now a shackle flip with a frankenpak can get you in that range
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #8

How does a shackle flip play w/ towing? Its an attractive option.
(Is a shackle flip reversible after you remove the old ones?)
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:41 AM   #9

I didn't want to do lift blocks ether but I couldn't find another solution. https://www.sportsman4x4.com/ did my conversion for me and said they always do blocks and have never had a problem. Axel wrap isn't really a thing with these heavy duty leaf packs.
whatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:50 AM   #10

Lilnuts I have a question that may benefit the O.P. As far as the shackle flip, I know that is an old school way for the simplest of lifts. Does any one have experience as far as action or reaction. I think this causes more sway but I am only picturing it in my mind. Any pros and cons that you are aware of?

Whatpants, I think you may be dismissing axle wrap a little too easily. The added leverage of the distance the axle is from the spring is multiplied drascicly without some sort of traction bar or link best placed at the lower most applicable spot on the axle. You compound this with extra weight and off road hill climb further pushing the centerline of weight while on an incline you would be surprised. Set up a GoPro camera and watch the action. Don't get me wrong, when I converted my unit there was nothing other than Deaver for options. The whole point of doing the conversion myself was to do it right (no fabricators) and as cheap as I could doing it right. Deaver was already pricey from 2wd trucks to 4wd trucks I had done in the past. I opted for a 4" block and a 3" add a leaf. Trust me I know my rear axle is wrapping.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote