Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2021, 02:15 AM   #1

Maxxis Razr AT

Anyone running this tire? Was considering KO2s, but these look better in my opinion. I run maxxis mtb tires and boat trailer tires. It seems like the aussies prefer the razr AT to the KO2. Would love to hear from anyone who has them (with pics!).
Attached Thumbnails
5B217C19-CDDE-4C68-8D88-95DADCE46D5B.jpg  

Brawwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 04:17 AM   #2

Garage
I had looked at them at then end of last year because of some of the reviews, just keep in mind when searching tires that you stick with “E” rated tires, and look at the Max Load rating - depending on the weight of you build, for Safety reasons you’ll want to Select tires that exceed the Van weight (front and rear). Believe the Maxxis Razr load rating is under 3200 (for me that wouldn’t work).
Old 05-29-2021, 04:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
I had looked at them at then end of last year because of some of the reviews, just keep in mind when searching tires that you stick with “E” rated tires, and look at the Max Load rating - depending on the weight of you build, for Safety reasons you’ll want to Select tires that exceed the Van weight (front and rear). Believe the Maxxis Razr load rating is under 3200 (for me that wouldn’t work).
I absolutely know nothing about tires. I see the BFG ko2 load range E is the same exact load rating as the razr AT at around 3200.

I am buying an extended econoline and getting either action van or weldtec lift. I will be hauling 1 dirtbike, and have a pretty simple build with a lithium generator, fan, couch/bed and cooler. Would this load rating be fine? It seems like most people go with the bfg, but the maxxis has the same load rating.
Brawwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:00 AM   #4

Garage
You would have to get your Van weighed (truck scales) to find out where you are at, but it sounds like you are well within range for those tires.
Personally I’ve tried other brands over the years (BFG, NITO,), but found TOYO’s to be the best. I run the MT’s because they notoriously require less balancing weight and Have good tread wear (as long as you keep FE alignment in check.). My Van weighs about 11,500lbs, so I have to be cognizant of load ratings, this also limits my options.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Personally I’ve tried other brands over the years (BFG, NITO,), but fount TOYO’s to be the best. I run the MT’s because they notoriously require less balancing weight and Have good tread wear (as long as you keep FE alinement in check.).
I too have settled on Toyo MTs, after seeing that all the mine trucks around here are using them. Super-stiff sidewalls handle the weight beautifully, even aired down, and they are the only tires I have never had a rock break through the tread.