Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #161

Did you try to contact UJ?

karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #162

Yes yesterday I emailed Chris. I haven't heard anything back. Last week when I brought the new problem to his attention he did mention trying to fab a new cross member around the radius arm with a coil conversion he currently has at the shop. So just patiently waiting on the results
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:15 PM   #163

I think MG missed the opportunity of putting taps or holes on the inside of his brackets. When I did my conversion I looked at the UJ option and wasn’t sure about the offset of the support and the bracket. As a temporary fix, I drilled two holes on the MG brackets, cut and bend the van cross member and bolted to the brackets. It was a temporary fix, but one and a half years later still working.
Attached Thumbnails
07BF30F0-D27A-48E1-92BD-4CE887ECA869.jpg   783007A3-0786-4204-BCC8-3D2CFDD17CF6.jpg  
Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonredrider View Post
I think MG missed the opportunity of putting taps or holes on the inside of his brackets. When I did my conversion I looked at the UJ option and wasn’t sure about the offset of the support and the bracket. As a temporary fix, I drilled two holes on the MG brackets, cut and bend the van cross member and bolted to the brackets. It was a temporary fix, but one and a half years later still working.
UJ is fabing an x-member to go around the radius arm. Should be ready next week. Going to wait and see how it works out and hopefully its the answer. MG suggested ditching my current x-member and using one from a v10 or Diesel Fseries and modifying it to fit in the same location. I like this idea as well. I'm glad yours is working out. I'm just not that intuitive mechanically.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #165

Out of curiosity, how many folks with the MG conversion end up running a steering stabilizer?
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #166

I'm using a stabilizer.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:05 PM   #167

I ordered dual stabilizers.
jacobthrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonredrider View Post
Houstonredrider .So UJ has been seeing the same problems and agreed with my mechanic with x-member location in the coil kit with the 5.4s. Chris had a coil conv. at the shop and mocked up a new one around the radius arm. One is on it's way to the shop in Durango. My mechanics also believe the vibration is been caused to some damage to the DS and had it removed and sent out for repairs. Hopefully this is the end of this issue. Also Chris with all the problems with van I have had and has to dread getting my emails but he's been great about making things right and helping out. Just got back in town today. I beleive the new XM has been recived heading to the shop see what's going on.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2019-06-03-10-25-49.jpg  
Old 06-07-2019, 03:16 AM   #169

How long do I need to extend my transmission crossmember to accept the new 4wd housing? I have a 4R100 transmission.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
How long do I need to extend my transmission crossmember to accept the new 4wd housing? I have a 4R100 transmission.
You have a UJOR conversion...and you're in the same city as UJOR. Easiest thing to do is buy the cross member he sells for that trans. It is a bolt in deal.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote