Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #301

I didn't have to do anything to the ECU. I guess it reads transmission output shaft rpm vs engine rpm. My van (2010 E350 5.4 gas) works the same on 2wd as on 4Hi or 4Lo. On the transfer case (NV271) there is a switch that closes on 4Hi.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:55 AM   #302

6.0 oil filter options

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtischer View Post
How are the 6.0 owners dealing with front driveshaft/oil filter clearance issues?? I was planning on getting the ujoint offroad filter relocation kit but just got email that they no longer sell to non ujoint conversions. I did find a new company called Timberline who does conversions. It appears that I could get a filter relocoation kit from them. It is listed on their website. However it is quite expensive at 450 bucks. Curious what others have done??

Any updates on what people are doing with this? I'm in the middle of moving my filter. I figure others must have had some good ideas or options.
HintonbrosRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:19 PM   #303

Amsoil used to make one, while you are their, you may need to move the fuel filter as well. (It’ll hit the front driveshaft when suspension is compressed).
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #304

6.0 oil filter options

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepShagger View Post
Amsoil used to make one, while you are their, you may need to move the fuel filter as well. (It’ll hit the front driveshaft when suspension is compressed).
I think the amsoil setup was just the typical dual spin on setup similar to others that required cutting oil tubes and using compression fittings to adapt to flex lines. Once you do this, you have several options. I like the idea of keeping stock filter, although having better filtration would be nice. I don't want to mess with expensive spin on elements. Obviously, the downside of cutting in is it makes it difficult to ever go back.

On the fuel filter, I moved my fuel conditioning unit/filter back behind rear axle along w/ fuel tank. It looked pretty close. In some ways worse than the oil filter. I wonder who rolled the dice and just left the oil filter where it is.

I tried to add attachment of what I'm going to use to relo my stock filter.
Attached Thumbnails
Oil Filter relocaiton parts.jpg  
Old 07-22-2020, 08:38 PM   #305

I have Quigley relocation kit, keeps stock filter housing and as you said, much better to use OEM filter housing than spin on. I doubt they still make it, but might be worth asking.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by HintonbrosRV View Post
I tried to add attachment of what I'm going to use to relo my stock filter.
I recommend not using the push lock hose and fittings for oil. I used to use it for WVO on my 7.3 and they would blow apart (tear and/or come off the fittings). Many people have been successful but to me it’s not worth the risk of being stranded on the road. Luckily you can’t run 6.0 and 7.3 engines without oil so you can’t destroy it, but it’s still a hassle and a mess all under your rig. Use those to figure out your correct lengths and then order some stainless steel braided Teflon lines. I have used this SS line for a DIY bypass oil filter on the 7.3 also. All the SS lines are still holding strong. Just don’t allow them to rub on anything.
MudRulzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:57 PM   #307

Front Crossmember Reinforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-kiwi View Post
Crossmember cut went much easier than I expected. Initial cut using 4.5" 60 grit cut-off wheel (Harbor Freight), followed by grinding wheel to knock off and shape a little, finished with sanding wheel. Light sand and paint.
I had limited access for the initial cut from the front, so transferred line to rear of plate being cut and cut from rear. Disadvantage of this was a face fill of sparks.

See more at https://www.facebook.com/4x4-Expedit...1379148121143/
I had the same experience during cutting as above, piece of cake. If you cut clean, you could flip the cut scap portion and weld it to the backside of crossmember for extra support and it's free other than the weld time. Just a thought for those that follow maybe.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:03 PM   #308

6.0 oil filter options

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRulzz View Post
I recommend not using the push lock hose and fittings for oil. I used to use it for WVO on my 7.3 and they would blow apart (tear and/or come off the fittings). Many people have been successful but to me it’s not worth the risk of being stranded on the road. Luckily you can’t run 6.0 and 7.3 engines without oil so you can’t destroy it, but it’s still a hassle and a mess all under your rig. Use those to figure out your correct lengths and then order some stainless steel braided Teflon lines. I have used this SS line for a DIY bypass oil filter on the 7.3 also. All the SS lines are still holding strong. Just don’t allow them to rub on anything.
Yeah. I'm apprehensive about the pushloc and will watch them closely. There are 2 grades of blue pushloc hose, and I ordered the slightly higher rated one. My goal was to use pushloc short term to get me going an then use them to make some permanent hoses as you mentioned. I was thinking about getting some fabricated at a Parker Hose Dealer, where than can manufacture hoses. Or also, I could make some better hoses. What brand stainless braided teflon lines did you use? Thanks for feedback.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:36 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by HintonbrosRV View Post
Yeah. I'm apprehensive about the pushloc and will watch them closely. There are 2 grades of blue pushloc hose, and I ordered the slightly higher rated one. My goal was to use pushloc short term to get me going an then use them to make some permanent hoses as you mentioned. I was thinking about getting some fabricated at a Parker Hose Dealer, where than can manufacture hoses. Or also, I could make some better hoses. What brand stainless braided teflon lines did you use? Thanks for feedback.
I have been using the braided hose from hoseandfitting.com and cutting it myself (use heavy duty tape to prevent fraying) and having it pressed locally but it’s probably easier to just have them make it for you. They can also supply stainless steel ends if you want to get fancy (more of a requirement for WVO) but I had to call them for that.
MudRulzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #310

I ordered the MG kit last Friday. MG sent an invoice via paypal and i sent $2140 dollars right away via the invoice. Then i emailed requesting any install documentation and part numbers for other components, but still have not heard back from them as to whether they even recieved my payment. Do you think i should be concerned at this point? I dont like having over $2 grand floating around in limbo not knowing if it was recieved. I did get a paypal receipt showing i sent the funds but does that indicate that the funds were recieved? I dont have paypal so i have no way of checking anything on my end other than start blowing up peoples phones.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote