Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2020, 11:25 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
When searching for used wheels for the 2013 axles is there a preferred factory wheel to look for? Certain year, size, etc?

Seeing some 2011 and 2012 f250 factory take offs 8x170 17" wheels and tires for good prices on FB marketplace. Plan on running 285/75r17 tires (34"?). Anything I should look out for as far as rotor clearance or backspacing?

I saw where JSweezy has what appears to be the same wheels I was looking at but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Most common is 17x9 with 0 offset i think. Its on mine and i am happy with it. My "dream" combi would be 17x8 with +1-1,5" " offset in steel (because of the weight of the van). I am looking for that for a while....

schluchtenflitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:55 AM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by schluchtenflitzer View Post
Most common is 17x9 with 0 offset i think. Its on mine and i am happy with it. My "dream" combi would be 17x8 with +1-1,5" " offset in steel (because of the weight of the van). I am looking for that for a while....
Ok, thank you!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by schluchtenflitzer View Post
Well pistures would help a lot in this case. I can not immagine that the cut of the tank was on the wrong spot in your case. So i would say this could be the case
1: The tank is loosen on its mountings
2: there is something wrong with your engine/TC mounts
When I grab it Mon. I'll take a pix. And post The local mechanic is pretty good with coming up with solutions. The rear of the tank did fall of once in Baja while driving. CCV dropped the tank when they installed the Espar. They didn't securely re attach the brackets. We did a roadside fix that I think was solid. But maybe it's digressed over time.
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytothestone View Post
When I grab it Mon. I'll take a pix. And post The local mechanic is pretty good with coming up with solutions. The rear of the tank did fall of once in Baja while driving. CCV dropped the tank when they installed the Espar. They didn't securely re attach the brackets. We did a roadside fix that I think was solid. But maybe it's digressed over time.
So the nut i used to re fasten the rear gas tank bracket out in the middle of know where baja was not the correct size. Searched all over the dirt road for the original. The bolt we used worked but also stripped the threads. So mechanic put another on top of with thread lock of the Jerry rig nut and pushed back the tank. It's still super close to the TC. Gonna try and find a rear bracket off a junker and replace and see if can get a little more separation, but if this is normal please let me know. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
20200818_112003.jpg   20200818_111825.jpg   20200818_111749.jpg  
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:46 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytothestone View Post
So the nut i used to re fasten the rear gas tank bracket out in the middle of know where baja was not the correct size. Searched all over the dirt road for the original. The bolt we used worked but also stripped the threads. So mechanic put another on top of with thread lock of the Jerry rig nut and pushed back the tank. It's still super close to the TC. Gonna try and find a rear bracket off a junker and replace and see if can get a little more separation, but if this is normal please let me know. Thanks

No thats NOT normal! Your TC is moving a lot. Specialy in LowRange and lots of force it is going up in the rubber mounting (Tranny). So you need much more space. There is something to do.
schluchtenflitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:32 PM   #346

Garage
get paypal app so you can see when they accept payment. it will show you if they have accepted payment .
rumrunner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:34 AM   #347

Edit: Emailed MG and he said he has not worked with the 2018+ axles so appears they may not work.

I know the front brackets are designed for 05-16 axles but are there reccomended years for a replacement Sterling 10.5" axle in the rear? Will a 2018 work?

Just found out that it will be $3300 to regear my 3.73 axles (with a rear Truetrac) so I think it would make more sense financially to try and find a set of 4.30 axles and sell these.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:11 PM   #348

Soo.. I'm trying to recall a brief conversation with MG:

Radius arms before springs or springs before radius arms?

Got my frame stripped down and ready for paint -- going for that frame-off look without actually doing the whole frame-off thing -- although if I had a 2 post -- that body would be on rollers right now
winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:18 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Edit: Emailed MG and he said he has not worked with the 2018+ axles so appears they may not work.

I know the front brackets are designed for 05-16 axles but are there reccomended years for a replacement Sterling 10.5" axle in the rear? Will a 2018 work?

Just found out that it will be $3300 to regear my 3.73 axles (with a rear Truetrac) so I think it would make more sense financially to try and find a set of 4.30 axles and sell these.
Yah -- seems there are some differences, but not sure what they are exactly. I know the Carli lists different track bars for 2005-2016 and 2017+... so it must be somewhat different in the front.

Honestly -- the rear would probably work -- they still using the 10.5 Sterling... but why risk it? Just get a 2016 or older and go for it -- deals are out there. You can find 4.30s with E-Lockers for sub-$1000. However-- try and find one with brakes and everything included -- it'll save you money in the long run unless it is REALLY inexpensive.

I got both my axles for what I'd consider steals... deals are out there -- pick a price you want to pay and ask the yard if they'd consider it -- you're much more likely to get a better deal by starting with a number rather than starting with "how much are you charging for that axle..."
winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #350

Radius arms go on before the spring perches.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote