Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2021, 05:18 AM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Are you looking for recommendations, or options? I don't have an MG conversion, but I do have rear Sumo Springs. I posted my impressions with some pics and details here:

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tml#post291512
Thank for sharing this. Looks like I will be following in your footsteps of adding SumoSprings in the back. Before I pull the trigger I am going to wait until everything is put together and measure first. SumoSprings have various options to choose from.

VMCFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 05:50 AM   #492

How did everyone handle attaching the draglink to the tierod on the passenger side since the threads on the van draglink are different than the F-350 tierod sleeve on the 05+ axles?
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
How did everyone handle attaching the draglink to the tierod on the passenger side since the threads on the van draglink are different than the F-350 tierod sleeve on the 05+ axles?
My kit uses the truck drag link parts, not the van drag link. That's why I send a machined pitman arm with every kit...one that fits the taper of the truck drag link (which is larger than the van's).
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #494

I gave some thought to buying a reamer and having the machine shop ream the pitman arm for me. But after doing a visual comparison between the f350 taper versus the E350 taper and then looking at how much material needed to be removed from the pitman arm, it seemed like reaming the pitman arm might leave it excessively thin and possibly weakin it by the time the hole was enlarged enough to fit properly?

Do you sell just the pitman arms? I know the reamer from Speedway motors is like $199. But then theres the issue with the van draglink having a slight bend to it on the steering box end and the pickup draglink being straight. I think when i compared the length, the pickup draglink was also shorter overall than the van unit.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:19 PM   #495

Quote:
..... looking at how much material needed to be removed from the pitman arm, it seemed like reaming the pitman arm might leave it excessively thin and possibly weakin it by the time the hole was enlarged enough to fit properly?...
Short answer = not a problem, plenty of material left. Long answer = The same answer, only with more words describing how there's plenty of material left.

Quote:
Do you sell just the pitman arms?
I do not sell individual pieces of our kits.

Quote:
But then theres the issue with the van draglink having a slight bend to it on the steering box end and the pickup draglink being straight. I think when i compared the length, the pickup draglink was also shorter overall than the van unit.
I think I remember seeing somewhere that you purchased a kit from Timberline for your conversion??? I'm not familiar enough with their kit to know the clearances between their trac bar set up and the drag link. I would recommend that you talk to Tim about how to couple the van drag link and the truck tie rod end.

I'm happy to answer questions about the kits that I sell and some general questions about 4x4 conversions in here but yours is a question specifically about another company's kit. Please resolve this in your own build thread. It is not relevant to my kit details and I don't want to cause any confusion.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #496

I appreciate your reply, i will start a different post so as not to clutter yours. Thanks just the same. I was just hoping to get this axle under the truck over the holiday but everyone is on vacation for the 4th.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:52 PM   #497

hi all.. anyone know where I can get a hold of a 4x4 module (8C3T-14B205-AB) that wouldn't cost as much as the transfer case itself. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Old 07-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #498

You might try John with Agile Off Road.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:03 PM   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMCFred View Post
hi all.. anyone know where I can get a hold of a 4x4 module (8C3T-14B205-AB) that wouldn't cost as much as the transfer case itself. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

The module is surprisingly small.
I pulled mine of an F250 at the scrap yard, and clipped the harnesses pretty far back as a pigtail. Searching for it was not simple.
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #500

Could you guys post up some pics of your 4x4 switch. looking for inspiration where to install the switch. Trying to choose a spot to mount it where it looks "belongs there"/factory as much as possible.

Thanks