Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #1

Mud Flaps Needed

I've got got to get some mud flaps on this beast, front and rear. And not just to keep the cops in Utah happy.

Can anyone suggest specific products or sizes for an 2002 EB e-350 with 315/75R16 tires?

The front wheel wells have been cut back about 1" to accommodate the larger tires and that might be a problem for a kit instillation.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #2

Re: Mud Flaps Needed

I don't remember the particular brand, but I got two sets at Kragen Auto. I got the heaviest ones they had and they fit fine. Just fastened on with the screws provided.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #3

Mine are the cheapest I could get from J C Whitney, but I fabricated some hangers from galvanized sheet metal and have installed the flaps with cheap panel fasteners. Since I usually seem to forget to hook them up out of the way when I'm backing up in deep snow or over an obstacle, they can pull loose and be replaced without any damage to the hangers and at minimal cost.
There are photos of my installation in my gallery.

John T
oldfart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #4

John & Scatter - Thanks for your suggestions. Because I have zero room to spare in the front wheel wells and hanging from there would put them too close to the wheels, I've decided I'll have to do some sort of mounting bracket like John used, but attach it to the body just below and behind the fender flairs. I'll let the top extend above the bracket, bend it forward and tack it to the bottom of the fender flair. It looks great in my mind. If it ever stops raining here, I'll get it done and let you know how it looks in real life.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viejo
John & Scatter - Thanks for your suggestions. Because I have zero room to spare in the front wheel wells and hanging from there would put them too close to the wheels, I've decided I'll have to do some sort of mounting bracket like John used, but attach it to the body just below and behind the fender flairs. I'll let the top extend above the bracket, bend it forward and tack it to the bottom of the fender flair. It looks great in my mind. If it ever stops raining here, I'll get it done and let you know how it looks in real life.

bud do us a fav
take good pics
maybe make paper or cardboard templates

several of us could use some

bw
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote