Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #1

New ARB install by Advanced Four Wheel Drive in SLC

I just thought I'd give some kudos out to Randy Robinson and the guys at Advanced Four Wheel Drive in Salt Lake City. Randy recently installed a rear ARB locker in my '02 SMB/Quigley van. He promised me a 1 day turn around (in at 0800/out by the close of business). I was on a road trip in Moab, Utah and drove up EARLY last Tuesday morning, had the work done, and drove back down to meet my wife, our dogs, and my beloved '78 FJ40 Land Cruiser. They were great to deal with, helpful with info, recommended a great lunch spot, and most importantly, DID THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, ON TIME! If anybody needs any work done, especially driveline stuff, he's the man to see. His price was also very fair, in comparison to other work I've had done on other trucks. Happy Wheeling! - Bob

Old 10-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
Site Team

Re: New ARB install by Advanced Four Wheel Drive in SLC

Nothing against Advanced Four Wheel drive, but you couldn't find a quality mechanic to install a locker while in MOAB?
Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #3

I was looking for someone familiar with 4x4 vans to alleviate any other issues/complications. I also had Randy change out a bent axle while he was in there and he was able to source the correct parts, the first time. I haven't dealt with anyone in Moab for repair work and in a town where 4 wheeling is as popular as it is there, it seems everyone who owns a set of hammers and an adjustable wrench is a self proclaimed 'expert'. I'm sure there are some great mechanics down there and this isn't a slam on them. I just wanted to post that I was extremely happy with the work done and will use Randy and the guys in SLC in the future.

Peace - Bob
Old 10-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #4

We have a lot of great mechanics here in Moab that I use for my regular maintenance.
But when I need some special work or modification done to my 2002 4x4 Sportsmobile I drive the 250 mile to SLC to to see Randy at "http://www.advanced4x4vans.com/" who did my original conversion to 4x4. He recommended and did an upgrade to my front breaks this past spring that makes all the difference in the world.
With all the commercial 4x4 vans in the ski resorts around SLC and here on the Colorado plateau Advance Four Wheel Drive remains the leader here in Utah.
It is raining here in Moab.... the slickrocks are slick and the trails muddy.... winter is here after a great Indian Summer.... but we continue 4x4 wheeling.....

Hans Weibel
Moab, Utah
haweibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #5

Just to pile on.. Randy did the 4X4 conversion on my van, including the locker and they did a good job.. I had one weld break on the front axle but I have done some unnatural stuff so I am not putting anything at his door.. you cant expect the stuff not to break if you push it really hard.
spomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote