Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #1

quigley 2000 gmc savanna/ parts interchangability?

Hi everyone,
your help is greatly appreciated on this one. I bought myself an ex fedex quigley built 2000 gmc savanna g1500 with manual locking hubs. By the time I got it shipped to me, I realized I had been swindled and received a shell of what once was a quigley. I am missing the transfer case, auto transmission, drivelines and hubs. Probably missing more but i'll focus on that stuff for now. The van has a vortec v6. I am wondering if the parts from a 1500 series pickup will interchange and are the same pieces quigley used? I'll see if I can post some pics for you all in a few days. Thanks guys, best 4x4 van site i've found.

skier222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #2

Re: quigley 2000 gmc savanna/ parts interchangability?

Wow, really sorry you're dealing with that. You might want to check with Larry Yates at Quigley. Nice guy and a wealth of knowledge. He/they will probably have the bill of materials for your van so you can try to replace parts if you want to.

You might also want to haul the seller into small claims court at least.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply webmac, I greatly appreciate the contact name. I talked to one of the ladies at quigley and I know its going to run me $1500 for a transfer case. The whole mess was that it was one of my dad's friends who I bought it from, dont mix business with friends right! ha ha
Old 01-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #4

$1500 seems high.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Categories

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=np+ ... m270.l1313

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=np+ ... m270.l1313
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Site Team

Not to sound callous, but how deep are you into this rig financially? Not looking for you to tell us what you paid, but you should weigh the cost to get it functional versus the cost to get a running rig.

Are you comfortable with the available power from a V6? Lower displacement doesn't necessarily equte to higher gas mileage. If the V6 has to work really hard, it can easily get lower mileage than a V8.

BTW, sorry to hear about your experience, especially as it was due to a family friend.

Herb
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #6

Yep, I 2nd what Herb said. And having that experience, might be time to just undo the deal if possible and get into something else. If you still have your heart set on it, you might reference the options above to minimize cost.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #7

I totally get what your saying. With the shipping and all that I have about $3K into it. I'd much rather have a v8 or diesel for this rig, not exactly sure why fedex went the v6 route. Not that it really matters but its a 2500 series not a 1500 as I stated above. I dont have too much of a problem dumping money into it, especially if I can use parts from a donor vehicle like a blazer or something. In my mind if I cant get it on the road for $10K or less, I dont think its worth it. Should of just went in debt and had a conversion done on a new van! maybe someday.