Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2020, 04:13 PM   #1

Quigley Agile Rip Kit Shocks ( shortage)

Was about to order up the Agile Rip Kit ( Ford Van ) - But Fox shocks are on unknown back order. Sounds like they have tried other vendors and finding similar results. Have any of you with a RIP kit sourced your own shocks? The less common options like KYB,Radflow or something like that?

Perhaps my only option is to sit and wait.

jimmyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:25 PM   #2

I think Timberline uses Bilsteins on their rigs, Weldtec also sells and stocks the Fox shocks if you know which part number you need.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:30 PM   #3

I will see if Agile would consider sharing the part number. But I believe they are custom valved to Agile specs. Not sure if its an off the shelf item. Something close could work as a temp solution. I will hit up Tim and see if he has stock. The Rep at Agile did say they have same issue with King, Bilstein
Old 08-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #4

Just a side note... the Fox shocks i got from Weldtec are from Agile Offroad. They have a sticker on each shock that says "Agile Offroad". I bought them about 2 or 3 years ago so i have no idea if they have the same arangment or if they get them from someone else. Anyway, when i was out there they had an entire shelf stocked with fox shocks.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:50 PM   #5

Garage
Iirc the fronts on the quigleys are off the shelf chevy shocks but no idea on the rears.

They are custom valved but they have a handful of custom valving levels that are based on the weight of your specific rig.

I have friends that rebuild shocks and say it isn’t a hard task, but I never have personally. Next time I have issues with mine I planned on inquiring if I could just buy the rebuild kits from agile and learning how to do it myself.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:41 PM   #6

Agile tunes them in house. The shock body is a universal Fox shock, but the magic is the tuning that Agile does.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Agile tunes them in house. The shock body is a universal Fox shock, but the magic is the tuning that Agile does.

It’s magical for sure
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #8

I just increased the lift in the rear, and needed longer shocks. Once I cycled the suspension full droop and compression, I knew how much travel I have, I went to the ridefox.com site https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?...+Top+-+Eyelet+
and found (after a lot of hunting) a page with their shock dimensions and was able to pick one that would work. My first choice was out of stock everywhere, but my second choice (longer and slightly limited on up travel, but tons of droop) was available from 4wheel parts. The valving is stock from Fox, but I have the all the info on the valve stack that Ramsey developed for my old shocks. So far my very limited testing has indicated that the rear suspension is excellent. I only drove over a series of speed bumps, and while the front hit pretty hard, the rears barely reacted with the stock valving. Once I put some miles on and hit washboard, I'll be better able to determine if i need to change the valving to match my original. Sadly, it's not a do it yourself process, you need some special tools, a nitrogen tank, adapters etc, but there are plenty of shops that can do it for you if needed. So, rather than waiting months for the perfect shock, you might be able to find a set that will be quite close and then have them revalved if needed. One such shop is Alltech motorsports in Murrieta Ca. Wayne was very helpful when I needed my last set of shocks rebuilt. He can also source other applicable shocks or build a custom set.

https://ultra4racing.com/press-relea...ayne-israelsen
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:37 AM   #9

About a month or two ago, I had a Fox 2.0 rebuilt at Agile. Initially, I checked with Weldtec, where I had the lift and shocks installed years ago. I was beyond the 1year Fox warranty so I went down the road to Agile.

In my conversations with Weldtec, I gleaned that they now work directly with Fox and no longer use Agile as an intermediary. Maybe WTD has shocks in stock??

——-

I think that’s the current state of things, but it’s Probably worth checking with them directly. Also, it’s worth mentioning that both shops were nice and easy to deal with.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #10

Some great feedback Thanks, will try Weldtech