Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2015, 11:38 PM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Hey Rob, don't forget to add the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Forum issue. Preview showed picture perfectly, but apparently not.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ictureid=26022

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:08 AM   #282
Site Team

Garage
Hum...attachment or link to a pic in your album?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #283

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
I just wanted to let people know that I have been sending PMs and emails to the many Quigley owners that slipped through the cracks. People who sent requests through multiple means may get duplicate messages from me and some may have already been taken care of - I just don't want to miss anyone that may still want a Quigley RIP Kit.

It will take some time to PM or email everyone as there are several hundred - who knew there were that many Quigley's floating around!

I thought I would also post the message here should I not get to everyone.

Here is the content I am sending:

Hi,

Ramsey here, form Agile Off-Road.

I'm reaching out to the many Quigley owners that have been patiently waiting for me to get back to them. There are so many of you, that I am replying to all unanswered requests. It is possible that we have already answered your questions or, better yet, you are already a happy RIP Kit owner. If so please disregard this - I just don't want to miss anyone.

As you may already know, Agile Off-Road started out when I converted a 2-Wheel Drive Sportsmobile to 4-Wheel Drive for my wife, Jan, and me to explore Baja and the locals Southern California Deserts. Using my Off Road Desert Racing experience and building 4X4 Prerunners - I used the same Long Travel Suspension technology when converting my van to 4X4.

We attended a Sportsmobile Forum organized event in Anza-Borrego and our supple Long Travel Suspension gained attention. A couple of the Quigley 4X4 Sportsmobile owners asked if there was anything I could do to improve their harsh and unseemly handling. I invited them to the race shop and we set about developing the Quigley Ride Improvement Package - our RIP Kit. After many iterations and combinations of springs and custom tuned FOX Shocks, we came up with a winning combination that radically transformed the Quigley ride.

Those first two Quigley owners posted their praises on the forums and it just took off.

Being just a hobby and not a business, the interest was more than I could handle. At the same time my wife and I were planning our retirement, purchasing a house in the Cabo area of Baja and moving there. We were also faced with the problem of getting enough springs and shocks on a regular basis, and that too created long waits, and requests backed up.

I know many of you were frustrated with me, as was I too... so, I started to shut it all down, but the request were still coming in, along with the 4X4 conversions that we were doing.

Last summer, I started looking for the right person to step in and take over.

On January 1st, John Brindell, left his position at FOX Shocks as Sales Manager and joined Agile Off-Road.

I've known John for over 25 years. I meet him originally at Off Road Warehouse in San Diego and we became great friends.

John worked at Off Road Warehouse (ORW) for more that 25 years, eventually reaching the top positions there and running the operations. When ORW sold several years ago, John saw to the transition for a few more years, then left, wanting to start his own business. That would have happened, but he was quickly snapped up by FOX.

After three years at FOX, he is now President of Agile Off-Road, realizing his dream of being a small business owner, running and growing the business. John is very well respected and well known in the industry, and we are very lucky to have him.

My original partner, Glen Straightiff, is still part of the team and in charge of the shop. Glen is a master fabricator and mechanic who gets the job done.

I am continuing to develop new products and applications, flying back and forth between Cabo and San Diego.

Well, with that introduction and history, let me say that Agile Off-Road is much better positioned to service the needs of your Off Road Vehicles - our specialty is suspension systems and ride improvement, but we do it all.

If you are still in need of a RIP Kit, let me direct you to our RIP Kit Inquiry page. If you submitted this information before, I apologize and still have it, but it will help us if you submit it again.

We have RIP Kits in stock and should be able to handle your request quickly this time.

Thank you,

Ramsey El Wardani

Ramsey@AgileOffRoad.com
John_Brindell@AgileOffRoad.com
Info@AgileOffRoad.com

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:47 PM   #284

Installed my NEW FOX SHOX 2.0 HOLY MOLY!

Friends of the forum, I have been searching far and wide for the answer to improving ride quality on my rig for years. Deavers has been successful, but in terms of bang for buck....look no further.

I just installed a set of 4 of Agile's Fox 2.0 shocks and I am more than impressed, I'm simply astonished. For the price, the customer service I received and the end result...I may have paid double.

Agile did not ask me to write this review, but I am in such awww about what these shocks did to my vehicle - I have to report it to the forum. I hope you all can get your rigs equally as stoked out as mine just got. I've tried bilsteins, rancho 9000s and the FOX's are just leagues above them.

The results are:
a. FAR less sway at high speeds, much more confidence in turns at 30-70mph

b. When the van takes a ground impact, it responds with a single back and forth and forgets about it, whereas before it would take several to many jarring lefts and rights before it would settle.

c. It floats over bumps with much less reactivity then ever before

d. my wife and kids have a new appreciation for the van. My wife held our baby on a goat trail and gave her a bottle without holding onto anything - swear it!

Kuddos to the Agile Off Road team!
khalilsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #285

I concur 110% with your experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #286

John and everyone at Agile,

Thanks for the RIP package, it works great! World of difference from what the stock Quadvan set up was.

Thanks

Paul
Ficara2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #287

I did the RIP kit, info here. After being super impressed initially, I've recently found a issue. Since im going over everything so much faster I have a load more rattles to trace down...
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #288

Me too!

First problem here is deciding where to post a good review about Agile bc there seems to be a number of threads going. They deserve them all tho from my experience. I'm now driving my van daily (which I enjoy) but which it did compel me to finally make the call to Agile for som RIP. Actually I emailed first but I digress... The short of it is that John absolutely nailed it when it comes to customer service and the resulting ride my van now has is terrific (for a 4x4 1 ton van).

I drove it around town on my usual routes and was pleased, but now after driving from Eugene to Bend up the McKenzie river, a drive I do pretty often, I'm thrilled. The composure the van now has when cornering and managing changes in camber is terrific. This drive is a winding, twisting, climbing, and pitching one at a pretty fast pace and it really challenges the suspension of a heavy rig. The difference was incredible!

The particulars for my order were:

4 shocks
2 add a leafs
2 platform springs
1 steering stabilizer
1 sway bay drop kit

Oh and a bunch of sweet AO stickers for the van and the kids.
Thanks to the guys at Agile!
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:27 PM   #289

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Thank you!

I'll let John know.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:34 AM   #290

Do you have the part numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
"It is like night and day!" This was the initial comment made by both of the first two owners after driving their Quigley SportsMobiles, immediately after their Fox Shox Ride Improvement Package was installed. Their next words were, "I wish I had done this a long time ago!"

Over the last several month, I have been developing a ride improvement package, with the help of FOX Shox, for Quigley and QuadVan 4X4 Conversion Vans - it is finally tuned, tested and ready!

After reading so many complaints about the ride and handling of these converted 4X4 Ford E Series Vans, and finally getting to test drive a few of them myself, I realized there was a real need to solve the problem.

I have 20 plus years of off-road racing experience and suspension tuning under my belt and knew that major improvements could be made without major expense and modification. Both the Quigley and QuadVan are sound designs with proven functionality and reliability - they just need a little help.

Quigley and QuadVan front suspensions suffer from limited bump travel, primarily due to the Van's front frame cross member interfering with the front axle differential housing at full bump. The cross member is modified to provide as much clearance as possible, but typically there is only 1.5 inches or less of bump travel before the front suspension "bottoms out" and transfers the impact to the van and occupants.

The solution was to essentially double the bump travel, increase the overall travel, increase the spring height and spring rate, eliminate binding of the swaybar and most importantly installing custom tuned and valved FOX Shox.

The proof is in the ride.

The other part of the equations was controlling the rear suspension with tuning and custom valved FOX Shox for these behemoths to provide ride stability and control body roll and sway.

I spent a lot of time measuring, cycling, timing and tuning the suspension to optimize the existing design of these two 4X4 conversions and I am very pleased with the results - you will be too!

I used FOX Performance Series IFP (Internal Floating Piston) Shox:

They were custom valved based on experience and testing:

Out with the old and in with the new...

The two test SMB's:

Here you can see the 2 inch drop spacer for the swaybar to eliminate binding.

I also installed the NEW FOX Performance Series Adjustable Through Shaft (ATS) steering stabilizer on one of the Vans. The technologically advanced design cancels unwanted steering forces in both directions, taking the place of two conventional opposing stabilizers. It will also respond to your input with 24 clicks of external adjustment to fine tune the feel.

Do you have the part number?
LMB Services 98 is offline   Reply With Quote