Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #11

Re: Quigley Announcement on their website. Word for word.

This is a great opportunity, I have been working with Larry Yates at Quigley and I have an appointment on the 19th of this month to bring my new (used) van in for a conversion. I purchased a 2008 RB 12 Passenger Van E350 for $14,200 with 13,000 miles on it from a local Ford dealer in Houston in perfect condition (church van repo). A quick trip to Quigley later this month and for a total of $25,000 I will have a Quigley converted passenger van with the remains of the new car warranty. Thats a lot cheaper than buying through a qualified dealer probably a $41,000 van. My next stop will be at sportsmobile in Austin for a pop top and I will be in the mountains of Colorado this summer.

Earlier it was mentioned that you cannot convert a van with RSC. My van has it and Quigley said no problem. I'm not sure what they will do with it or mabye they can only mess with a used RSC van but I gave them the vin and all options before I purchased it to ensure they could do the conversion.

I'm taking a tour of the factory if anybody is interested I can post some photos.

P.S. Anybody interested in an old VW Camper?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #12

Yes, take pics of rear brakes, front suspension, stacks of parts, vans lined up, any cool vans sitting around.
j.whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #13

Tell them you saw the offer on SportsmobileForum.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #14

Now where was that thread about the 2wd Ford van with the diesel and only 4k miles for $14k (or thereabouts)?
C-6 transmission
Quigley 4wd conversion
ULTSUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildadog

Earlier it was mentioned that you cannot convert a van with RSC. My van has it and Quigley said no problem. I'm not sure what they will do with it or mabye they can only mess with a used RSC van but I gave them the vin and all options before I purchased it to ensure they could do the conversion.

They can't raise the CG (center of Gravity) above a certain height is equipped with RSC. I think 31" but I'm not certain. RSC will not operate properly with a higher CG and the van will be out of compliance with the applicable FMVSS. As long as CG isn't raised too far, RSC is compatible. But it also doesn't work with limited slip. RSC has traction control, so that should work well enough an any highway conditions. Then an air locker could be used for off-road, when you'd disable RSC anyways.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #16

Last time I talked to Quigley they told me they had enough 2008 equipment to convert about 20 more vans and then it's back to only new vehicles. Keep in mind Ford has 0% interest or $3,000 off for 2008 models left on the lot.

I'll take lots of pictures and post a link here.