Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2022, 04:22 PM   #11

This is my personal experience.
I purchased my van a E350 EB March of 2003 (Fred Hill Show Long Beach) from Alan himself.
After the van was completed by Ford (which did not make a 4X4 van) it was sent to Quigley for the conversion. After the conversion the van was returned to Ford for inspection and certification so the front end is under warranty. Then the van was shipped to Fresno CA. Quigley at the time was considered a secondary manufacturer for Ford.
Now for the "caveat" Quigley used a new 2001 F350 4X4 front end ( I know this as I called Quigley with a bolt pattern question). I was not aware that the bolt patterns are different on the E350 and the F350. So the F350 hub is modified to fit the van bolt pattern. I found this out when I lost the right front hub bearings in Colorado. This is where the mechanic was unaware that the bolt patterns were also different. To get home I had to buy a F350 hub a matching rim and tire. As a result I made a call to Quigley. Hence I now carry a spare hub custom made by Quigley made for MY 2003 E350 4X4. Maybe that is something I should have know but I had (in 2003) that there was a different bolt pattern on E and F series.

HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:28 PM   #12

ooop's
May that is something I should have known in 2003. That there is a different bolt pattern on E and F series.....lol
P.S. I was in Fresno (not sure of the year) when they were developing their (SMB) 4X4...what Alan showed me was the leaf springs and the selling point that it had a much shorter/tighter turning radius.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote