Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #1

Quigley front end upgrade

I guess I should of put this in the 4x4 section. My mistake.

I just did a front end upgrade on my 2001 quigley. I replaced the old control arms (that were recalled) with the new and improved version. Much more heavy duty.

I also replaced the coil springs with much more heavy duty 5000lb springs SSC 31.

Finally I replaced the track bar bushings with uprgaded ones and the shocks to bilsteins.

It turned out great. No more wobble. Plush ride without worrying about hitting potholes and such. Ended up giving the front about 1 inch lift.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #2

Re: Quigley front end upgrade

good job buddy
where did you get the springs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBDAD
I just did a front end upgrade on my 2001 quigley. I replaced the old torsion bars (that were recalled) with the new and improved version. Much more heavy duty.

I also replaced the coil springs with much more heavy duty 5000lb springs SSC 31.

Finally I replaced the track bar bushings with uprgaded ones and the shocks to bilsteins.

It turned out great. No more wobble. Plush ride without worrying about hitting potholes and such. Ended up giving the front about 1 inch lift.
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #3

I got the springs from Realtruck.com. They are on sale right now. It cost $280 delivered. One problem that I ran into was the new bigger/ thicker springs needed a bigger J-hook/ spring keeper. I figured I could use one from an e 450, but part number was the same as what is on the 350. I had a spring shop make me a set. If I had time I could of made some myself with some flat steel, but wanted/ needed to have it put back together that day.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #4

I seems that I have the same Quigley package along with year make and model. Did you get the torsion bars through Quigley and how much $ ?Also where did you find the new bushings for your track bar?

I have a terrible wabble in the front end when I hit potholes unsure if you experienced the same my wife calls it the death rattle.

Thanks,
Scott
lazzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

You might find more info if you google "Quigley death wobble". It will bring up a couple links including some to this site.
Good luck

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #6

We upgraded the shocks, track arm and steering stabilizer on our 2004 Quigley 4x4 SMB today. All I can say is, "WOW", what a difference! We replaced the track bar/bushings with a new one ordered up from Quigley. The old bushings were worn and cracked. We replaced the steering stabilizer with the oversized Skyjacker model (bought it directly from Quigley with their custom bracket and mounting hardware). For the shocks we bought the Bilstein Shocks all around. For the front the model # was BE5-6243-H5. For the Rear the model # was BE5-E074-H0. When I took the van out for a drive I felt like I was in a different van. SO SMOOTH on the road and no more jarring over pot holes or rattle in the front end. We're very happy with this upgrade so far and can't wait for some trips this Summer!
Jayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
Dog

Hi

If i am not mistaking theese spring will lift the front end about 1,5". Did you do anything with the rear springs to compensate for the lift?

Dog
Dog is offline   Reply With Quote