Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2016, 06:27 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaBallard View Post
Meaning?, I enter Ford 2002 E350 every combination and no unit bearings are compatible...
So I don't follow, are you saying you are not running them?
An e-250 does not have unit bearings, unless someone swaps a front axle into it that has some. Like say for a 4x4 conversion. Search for the f-series parts after you figure out what year your axle matches.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScience View Post
An e-250 does not have unit bearings, unless someone swaps a front axle into it that has some. Like say for a 4x4 conversion. Search for the f-series parts after you figure out what year your axle matches.

Quigley E350 2002 ... no unit bearings at that point in design.

I have the exploded diagram ... I was doing detective work to see if seller wasn't being honest & to know what parts are in it...

Before I drove it home accross SD, MT, and WA...

Returned home from mission 7am yesterday ... It all worked out
StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #23

You won't find serviceable bearings for a 2002 F-series. You would have to go back to a '97 F250. But before you do that, check if you have Ford rotors. They may be Chevy? In which case you're best bet is just taking the old bearings into NAPA and matching them. Actually probably the surest way regardless of rotors.

As for the glow plugs.... Yes, they use a lot of juice. You should not need to cycle them to use your radio. Instead, only turn the ignition one click to accessory.

Finally, what do you mean by "oversized quigley rotors"?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
You won't find serviceable bearings for a 2002 F-series. You would have to go back to a '97 F250. But before you do that, check if you have Ford rotors. They may be Chevy? In which case you're best bet is just taking the old bearings into NAPA and matching them. Actually probably the surest way regardless of rotors.

As for the glow plugs.... Yes, they use a lot of juice. You should not need to cycle them to use your radio. Instead, only turn the ignition one click to accessory.

Finally, what do you mean by "oversized quigley rotors"?
How often do the unsealed bearings need grease packing?

Sabrina, from Quigley sent me the build sheet w/the exploded diagram... The rotors, of this vintage ie non press fit bearing sealed bearings, are Quigley part # QABSH-60GS for a Dana 60 ... borrowing parts from 86 K30 pick up and the calipers / pads will be from a G30 van.

I did a lot of research on this vehicle. I am accustom to a lot of detective and background effort in my life.

Cycling the battery was due to:

1. the datalink power to the OBD2 reader is dead... It kept asking to shut the engine off for 10 sec... and restart... in between I tried a few different things, thus more cycling. Conclusion - only works when power is jumped directly from battery terminals to the OBD2 reader.

- this vehicle has Auxiliary Idle Controller ... for running a PTO, generator, moble com center, could be used with hydraulics to charge accumulators, for example... Apparently the power must be shorted or jumped from the datalink connection to the AIC unit... This was a fleet maintained vehicle by Boeing for 19k of its 22k verifiable miles. Based upon a lot of investigative work this was not used in Airplane manufacturing. ... Further research led to communicating with people that had a direct connection to this vehicle.

2. linking the bluetooth to the Nav system
3. trying to link iTunes from the iPhone to the Nav system
4. all the while on speaker phone getting passed around by
BofA about my credit card for an hour.

Conclusions:

- the glowplugs draw a lot of current...
- eventually the AIC unit will be put to use by me
- I still need the datalink to the OBD2 unit to function because I have sourced an OEM Cruise Control unit... new clock spring, wheel, etc

Ok ... TTY later guys... I've got to go work on the rig

Eventually I will teach myself how to upload pics... for now one of these things is not like the others

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKZbfMEA...by=mike_cheney

check out this video

Old 09-21-2016, 09:28 AM   #25

I don't remember the resistance spec off-hand, but one thing that happens with age is they short internally, causing current to go up. 1 or 2 and it'll still work, but draw down the battery faster. more than that usually the relay burns up, but sometimes it doesn't and it kills both batteries instead.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
So what is it?
Here it is on the drive back SD -> WA

https://instagram.com/p/BKpCIQlA11D/
Old 09-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #27

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
I'm not sure the answer to that but have your asked the owner to snap a pic of the Quigley build sticker and send it to you? Then call in the ID number to Quigley to get info on your target van. (800) 233-9358

They will send the Quigley parts list for the one you bring home along with maintenance schedule. **

I bought a V10 Quigley last month and it had new front brakes @58,000 miles. How many miles on the one you want?

** oh I see you posted again while I was writing this and you have some of the info I mentioned. Yep it does sound like you are in up to your eyeballs!

Everything will be fine.....Mouse..... Down..... Step away from the computer.... That's it.... Eeeasy now ....
Quigley sent the beta before I paid for this thing... thanks for you input
Old 09-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
I don't remember the resistance spec off-hand, but one thing that happens with age is they short internally, causing current to go up. 1 or 2 and it'll still work, but draw down the battery faster. more than that usually the relay burns up, but sometimes it doesn't and it kills both batteries instead.
Good to know... thanks for your input
Old 09-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvrr View Post
Are you asking if the front bearings need to be packed? We have a 2001 Quigley and those bearings do need to be serviced on a regular basis (learned the hard way).
How often do the bearings need to be repacked?

I have the exploded view diagram, for this build, from Quigley...

No sealed hub bearings.

2002 E350 7.3 XLT
Old 09-21-2016, 11:21 PM   #30

Normally bearings only need to be serviced when replacing rotors -OR- after any time they have ben submerged in water.