Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #11

Garage
Re: Quigley Owners

^^^ caster has never really been an adjustment on any of my vehicles, so i have very little experience messing with it. thank you and apprecaite the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvrr
Crack...yes. I called Quigley, told them that both had cracked and they sent me replacements at a discounted rate. Straight-forward removal and replacement.
can you tell me roughly what miliage did you notice the cracks? also curious if you replaced all four and if the newer tubular peices changed how the vehicle drove at all?

im kinda surprised they even charged for them. seems like being charged to replace defective/poorly designed parts would be counter productive for their name in the long run.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #12
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Quigley Owners

I agree, Q at first was offering them at a discount when they rolled them out years ago after issuing a "service bulletin", instead of having to offer free replacements under a "recall". Didn't think they were still offering discounts any more, at least by the time I talked to them about it, as several years had passed, plus their new round ones they offer are not adjustable, I went with CCV's adjustable ones, very stout and built with johnny joints, Derek was able to move the axle forward for a bit more tire clearance on the rear of the fender. A little more $ than Q's new tubular, but worth it in my opinion, plus if I wasn't getting them for free, I couldn't justify giving more money to the same company that the defective parts came from.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #13

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
...plus if I wasn't getting them for free, I couldn't justify giving more money to the same company that the defective parts came from.
^^^ i feel the exact same way.

did you notice any noticable improvements when you switched to the ccv setup vs what you repalced? what i like about the ccv setup is the option to add/remove caster along with being able to move the front axle around to better suit wheels/tires/bumpers and whatnot.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #14
REF

Quigley Owners

Yes, was nice to be able to adjust caster and move the axle forward. I do feel that the new arms provide a bit more articulation in the front end.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 07-12-2014, 01:48 AM   #15

Mine cracked. I replaced them with Quigley round bars. No change in handling.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #16

Garage

Ref, were there any additional setup/installation issues with the CCV arms or were they a simple bolt on? My 02 has the older Quigley arms and I know I'll be upgrading them at some point, most likely when I install a RIP kit...
Old 07-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #17

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

They just bolt in. 4 tubes with rod ends on each end. Simple solution.

We've made and installed them. We use left and right threads so adjustment is easy. You can also use Johnny Joints and the like instead of rod ends. Another option is bushings for less road vibration transfer.

Or any combination of above.

Rod End

Johnny Joint

Bushing

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #18
REF

Sounds like Ramsey can fab up a solution for you when you order up the RIP kit, CCV's arms are built using Johnny joints. Derek had to do some metal trimming with the torch on the upper mount or it might have been a tab taken out on the frame to clear the new joints. Also replaced upper/lower ball joints with dynatrac's new units and tie rods while I was at it.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 11-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #19

What ball joints did you use? I struggle with buying parts for either the axle, the van, or the quigley conversion as far as application when I'm on the phone with a parts company. So, what ball joints/tie rod ends did you use? Also, I have heard of people changing the track bar to a long bar with similar joints that CCV uses to keep things a little less sloppy instead of bushings. Can anyone speak to that? Maybe would help Death Wobble?
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:12 PM   #20

Garage

Just picked up some Quigley upgraded control arms. Does anyone have a picture of how the top ones are installed? Angle up or down?

TexGX
2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote