Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
I took it this way, as long as I’m having to pay for replacements anyway, I may as well make them better and gain the clearance. Plus, as mentioned, I wasn’t giving my money to the same company who’s faulty product I was replacing in the first place.
This is likely going to be my approach as well. Were you able to do just this to accommodate your tires? Any issues with alignment, springs, steering, etc... with pushing the axle forward with the torque arms alone?

WillTheThri11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheThri11 View Post
This is likely going to be my approach as well. Were you able to do just this to accommodate your tires? Any issues with alignment, springs, steering, etc... with pushing the axle forward with the torque arms alone?
Pushing the axle forward is not going to to change the alignment on camber/caster unless you change the pinion angle. Toe in as well. This is why it is nice to do adjustable arms. The real issue is if it is going to affect the trac bars travel space when if you move them forward. I don't know how Quigley has them but I made my mount with the intent to have the axle forward several inches. As far as free replacement arms well unless there was a class action lawsuit they are not forced to do anything other than make you cry. There is the slight chance the the current administration may mandate Quigley to replace them.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:40 PM   #13
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Yes, I also had to have the track bar mount moved to put it back in line
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #14

Ref, about how far forward did you have to move the axle to fit 315s? I've been debating cutting the end of my Quigley tubular links and installing Johnny Joints both for length and adjustability.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:40 PM   #15
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Quigley Recalls and TSBs?

It happened in 2 separate suspension upgrade modifications, so I’m not quite positive, but I believe in the end, we moved it forward by just under 2”……
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:40 PM   #16

Thanks, that's helpful. I've been meaning to get to this for some time but instead we've been focused on #UsingIt.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Pushing the axle forward is not going to to change the alignment on camber/caster unless you change the pinion angle. Toe in as well. This is why it is nice to do adjustable arms. The real issue is if it is going to affect the trac bars travel space when if you move them forward. I don't know how Quigley has them but I made my mount with the intent to have the axle forward several inches. As far as free replacement arms well unless there was a class action lawsuit they are not forced to do anything other than make you cry. There is the slight chance the the current administration may mandate Quigley to replace them.
Quigley knows about this issue and issued a bulletin regarding the torque arms but refused to pay for my replacements.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheThri11 View Post
Is there a list of any recalls or TSBs from Quigley? I know the dealer recalls are probably pretty well documented, but I have had my c-channel torque arm break and have seen reports of people having Quigley replace them with the tubular ones at no charge and also have seen some people have paid. I personally would like to have them replaced for free, but Quigley is telling me there is no recall and is charging ~$700 for the parts. Anyway, if there are documented recalls or TSBs that would be a great stickie to have i would think but I didn't find one.

My specific/primary need right now though is the c-channel torque arm recall or TSB. If anyone can snap a photo or scan documentation of their free replacement, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Would love to hear if there are other issues though that should be looked at. I have a 97 EB E-350 with 7.3 Powerstroke.
EVERYONE WITH AN FORD Quigley 4x4 CONVERSION STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW AND GO INSPECT YOUR TORQUE ARMS. I have a 7.3L Powerstroke that I purchased from an elderly lady that did not off road (mostly highway) and one of the torque arms was broken IN HALF.

This is a major safety issue that Quigley refuses to make right with their customers. They won't even pay for replacement parts or sell them at cost. If your time is remotely valuable, this is a $1400 FIX.

I HAVE PURCHASED NUMBEROUS QUIGLEYS IN THE PAST BUT I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH QUIGLEY MOTOR COMPANY AGAIN.

THANK GOD NO ONE IN MY FAMILY OR ANOTHER FAMILY WAS KILLED BY QUIGLEY MOTOR COMPANY FAULTY ENGINEERING.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:27 AM   #19

Got a photo of that broken part? What year van?
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
Got a photo of that broken part? What year van?
Yes I have photos which I can post when I find them and I agree it's an older vehicle (1999) but Quigley has acknowledged the original torque arms are inadequately designed and need to be replaced. Tube steel is much stronger against fatigue stressing than C-channal.