Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #31

I’m seeing a bunch of custom ones that mount to the differential. Get it nice and level as well. Seems like there might be some down sides to that location though

TCNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:38 PM   #32

Well regardless of how you approach it you wont regret installing it. Your truck will no longer be blown side to side in cross winds or when being passed by semi trucks ect... The best part is the relief from having white knuckles when going on extended trips.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:27 PM   #33
Site Team

Garage
Ok I must have a unicorn but I smashed mine on a rock and did not know it and drove many miles after it snapped in half.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:34 PM   #34

Sounds alot like a fairytale to me. I see, so you claim you actually hit a rock hard enough to snap a steel rod in half having a diameter of 1 inch or greater rather than bending it. That steel rod having an average length of 3 feet or greater and then claim that you had no idea that you had damaged your truck severly and didnt even take a timeoiut to inspect for damage after smashing into said boulder. Ya, alrighty.... Im just curious, were you driving upside down? I ask since panhard bars are generally installed above the rear axle and span horizontally to the opposite side of the axle and attach level with the frame mounting point located several inches above the axle. Did you also tear the axle out of your truck and not realize it? It would be physically impossible to cause the axle to shift a sufficient distance to snap a properly installed panhard bar in half on a truck that utilizes leaf spring suspension unless you also busted the leaf springs first. It would also be impossible for a boulder to contact a rear panhard bar directly without first destroying the entire rear axle housing first.

Of course thats not to say you couldnt destroy an improperly installed panhard bar on the rear. But then it would also be no surprise that a person didnt notice a difference when it snapped in half, because it was never installed properly to begin with.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #35

I just re-installed my Supersteer trac bar yesterday, but I don't have any experience with it since just after the first install I installed a new differential. It uses a bracket that bolts to the axle tube on one end and to the frame on the other end. It's a very simple install that should take less than an hour, although the first Ubolt bracket was too tall and it took a couple days to get a shorter one, but they were super easy to work with. I had another issue with the track bar not quite lining up parallel with the axle bracket because it was originally designed to bolt to the shock bracket, but a couple tapered washers they provided took care of the slight misalignment.
Attached Thumbnails
trac bar rotated again.jpg   trac bar rotated.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #36

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I just re-installed my Supersteer trac bar yesterday, but I don't have any experience with it since just after the first install I installed a new differential. It uses a bracket that bolts to the axle tube on one end and to the frame on the other end. It's a very simple install that should take less than an hour, although the first Ubolt bracket was too tall and it took a couple days to get a shorter one, but they were super easy to work with. I had another issue with the track bar not quite lining up parallel with the axle bracket because it was originally designed to bolt to the shock bracket, but a couple tapered washers they provided took care of the slight misalignment.
Glad to see you finally had the chance to mount it. Very interested to hear your thoughts on that trac bar after you've had the opportunity to experience its contribution. THANKS!