Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 07:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
@TCNorthwest, what tire pressure are you running? Too much will cause your van to become very evil at high speeds.
50 front 60 rear. It’s still fairly light in the rear, and has a 7.3 up front with a bunch of heavy wiring above the drivers seat. Seem about right?

TCNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:37 PM   #12

Does anyone know how to find a Fox PN to replace the stock damper? I’m not confident it’s going to fix the issue, but needs to be addressed, as all the other shocks have been replaced. I will also be replacing that rancho stabilizer with a Fox stabilizer. It was only installed during troubleshooting
Old 10-23-2020, 08:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Thanks for the update artic. Sorry to hear about all the headaches. Sometimes it seems never ending huh?
No headaches at all. Being stuck at home gave me incentive to do all the little projects that have been simmering in my mind every time I'm on the road. The biggest issue was that Summit racing, Fox, Method, Amazon etc all offer easy shopping and fast delivery. Spending too much time on the computer can be expensive. But your right, by the time I get home, I'll have a whole new list of projects, but since you can't go to the bars anyway, so what else do I have to do?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthwest View Post
Do you have the make/model of the track bar?
Install was easy the first time despite needing a little tweaking due to the lift. Super steer was great to work with and responded quickly with information and parts.

https://supersteerparts.com/products...e350-e450.html
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #15

Ive had my stock shock mounts hung up a few times, so I decided to redo the mounts when I added some Fox shocks for a 1 ton Dodge a couple weeks ago. Definitely scraps the track bar...
Attached Thumbnails
284EECF8-459E-457E-B427-1878104EF1C3.jpg  
Old 10-23-2020, 10:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Ive had my stock shock mounts hung up a few times, so I decided to redo the mounts when I added some Fox shocks for a 1 ton Dodge a couple weeks ago. Definitely scraps the track bar...
I wouldnt say that. Trac bar mounts can be fabricated for anything if you have a good fabricator. You dont have to use an out of the box prebuilt setup.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:10 AM   #17

Garage
Quote:
Does anyone know how to find a Fox PN to replace the stock damper?
Contact agile off road. That’s where a majority of people gets theirs. Lots of custom valving specifically for the heavy vans. One of the main dudes there used to work at fox shocks and works wonders with the quigleys.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Contact agile off road. That’s where a majority of people gets theirs. Lots of custom valving specifically for the heavy vans. One of the main dudes there used to work at fox shocks and works wonders with the quigleys.
Great, will do. I wish I would have know about the RIP kit before I pieced my own together
Old 10-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #19

Garage
Quote:
50 front 60 rear. It’s still fairly light in the rear, and has a 7.3 up front with a bunch of heavy wiring above the drivers seat. Seem about right?
There was a recent thread discussing tire pressure and this chart was linked. I'd guess that your tire pressure is a bit higher than recommended, but you'd need to weigh the van (front/rear and divide by 2 or even better, each corner) to be sure. Fully loaded mine was 9700 lbs so I'm going 50 lbs rear and 45 lbs front now, still a little higher than recommended... But WAY lower than the previous owner had recommended and a more comfortable ride on dirt roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 3.58.01 PM.jpg  
Old 10-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
There was a recent thread discussing tire pressure and this chart was linked. I'd guess that your tire pressure is a bit higher than recommended, but you'd need to weigh the van (front/rear and divide by 2 or even better, each corner) to be sure. Fully loaded mine was 9700 lbs so I'm going 50 lbs rear and 45 lbs front now, still a little higher than recommended... But WAY lower than the previous owner had recommended and a more comfortable ride on dirt roads.
I don’t know why I didn’t look at this earlier. Took a drive up to find some snow this morning and aired down from 65 in the rear to 50. Brought the front down to 48. Made a considerable difference in the tracking. It doesn’t wander as much but feels squishy. I have OBA and played around with pressures on the ride back. I’m liking 58 in the rear and 50 in the front, although I didn’t put on enough mileage to be sure. It still wanders a bit, but that made a slight improvement.