Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #1

rear axle brackets for sterling

Hello i need some new shock brackets for my axle swap . i didnt want to grind mine off the factory 2009 e350 rear dana. , new ones going on the sterling e locker 2015 rear f250 axle.Fox shocks from agile.

motovan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #2

Garage
we made ours from scratch. been on since early 2017 and seem to be working out. just made 4 matching tabs and boxed them in from the bottom.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #3

copy thanks , i can make some ,just thought somebody has some ready to go .
Old 07-13-2020, 07:17 PM   #4

Garage
not saying there isn’t some out there, but they were easy to make and I didn’t wanna clog up their lift any longer than I needed too.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #5

Lots o options here for shock tabs or brackets. https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com...cketstabs.html
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:38 PM   #6

I just bought a set from Roughstuff. They are inexpensive, well made and super heavy duty. You probably need the ones with a 10deg offset and may have to grind a little off to match the exact angle of the originals.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:10 PM   #7

perfect thanks
Old 07-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #8

Last summer I installed the ruff stuff brackets with my swap. I think I made that choice based on somebody’s post in the MG thread. I wish I had bought some simple tabs instead. The spacing on the ruff stuff bracket was too narrow to accept the shock. I had to grind with the side of a wheel to make it fit. One of mine was also bent incorrectly too. It didn’t seem like a big deal, but it made them not fit right. Also, 10 degrees didn’t seem like the right angle and I have to keep my shock nut extra loose at the top to make the angle right. I’m not an expert, just my experience. I’m planning to redo it at some point.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #9

Thanks Mikerson, i will plan the grind ! lol
Old 07-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerson View Post
The spacing on the ruff stuff bracket was too narrow to accept the shock. I had to grind with the side of a wheel to make it fit. One of mine was also bent incorrectly too. It didn’t seem like a big deal, but it made them not fit right. Also, 10 degrees didn’t seem like the right angle and I have to keep my shock nut extra loose at the top to make the angle right.
I haven't installed mine yet, so thanks, that's good to know. They do say some adjustment may be needed since these are made for a wide variety of applications, so a little work with a grinder may be needed. Fortunately I have two axles with the stock brackets at the correct angle, so matching that prior to welding will be easy. I'll be sure to check the fit of the shock eye too, thanks again.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote