Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2009, 04:16 AM   #1

Rear springs

Hi. I am starting to rebuilt my van into an motorhome, and i have heard of the deaver spring. (To day the van has air suspension in the rear), and i wonder if sombody know the part number on deaver springs for my 1993 mod ford E 350 7,3D quigley, also if they ship overseas. I know it is a old van, but to by a new van i Norway is not a option for normal people, and i am one of 12 people in this country who own one.
I will add some pictures later about the progress i my work.

markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #2

Re: Rear springs

Deaver custom builds their springs based on application, most of which (at least on this board) has been the SMB 4x4 package not the Quigley. The best thing would be to get an answer from them. I can't guess as to shipping, but considering the improvement mine made, it would probably be worth it.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #3

Markus, here is the web page for Deaver and it has their phone and email address on it to contact them. I have been emailing Jeff (no phone here) about springs and he is really helpful. Like Jage said, contact him and he'll let you know what he can do for you.
http://www.deaverspring.com/contact.html

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #4

Thanks for answers. I understand its possible to make many improvment on a van like mine after wisitig this website, is it also possible to by items from SMP, and get them shipped overseas. If somone has been i Norway they know than this country is not cheap.
If people on this side have good ideas, and also know about thing i shouldent do they are welcome:-).
I have owned 2 of this cars the latest 10 years, and since a workshop cost around 100 dollar pr hours i proberly have rebuilt this cars 3 times, and are wery familliar whith diesel engine, all all other problems whit this cars. So i hope i can help some others in return.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #5

Markus ,
Welcome to the Forum .
Before you contact Jeff at Deaver Springs I would weigh your Van at each corner front and rear as well as the overall fully loaded weight as you will be using it , I would then find out which shipping companies frequent your part of the world and find out about the duty's or any
tariffs that you might have to deal with at your location . I will see if my International Freight Manager knows anything about getting goods to Norway and get back to you soon .
Jage is correct in his opinion about the worth of these spring packs , but international freight rate's are currently at an all time high and you may have to find a more economical source for your springs . The UK might also be a good place to look .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #6

Of course you want to weigh it after it's built out... which is actually a really good point even with the Deavers. It would be pretty hard to guess heavy your final build will be.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #7

Greggde.
Original ford springs cost around 500 dollars in norway, from a dealer, and some of my contacts in norway have containers once a month from the us. so i think that should be possible to get them here to a deacent price.
The total wight of my car is limited to 4300 kg ( i know you dont use the metric system) and its not allowed to be higher.
Do someone alsow know if its possible to by lift kits to my van. After just 2 days in rhis forum whith all the good respons i start to get enthusiastic :-)
Old 02-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #8

Markus,
Welcome and have fun with your rebuild.

Depending on which parts you are looking for, if they are not Ford van specific, you can check also in Germany. Lot's of choice available there. Shipping might be cheaper!
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #9

Markus ,
Is that the 4,300 Kilo's (9,480 lbs.) your traveling loaded weight ? as Deaver's likes to be as close to your actual weight as possible when they design an build your spring pack . AndrewST
is correct in that Germany would also be a good place to look , their are many custom designd trucks being used there .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #10

Andrew ST
Do you know any websites in Germany that could have spring system to my van. If you want to get a 4x4 van, check out Island, the whole country is for sale, and i know people in Norway buys all kinds of 4x4 cheap there