Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2021, 10:29 AM   #11

Call Ujoint, they will give you the Shock size and Model number. They simply resell them. And they did Build there Kits out with a Coil option as well if the Buyer specked it.

Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:32 AM   #12

I have one of the 1st UJ/MG collaborations it was done in 2016/17 so I really doubt the conversion has anything to do with UJ if it was done 8-9yrs ago since its a coil, and you should be thankful it doesn't. As others have mentioned call Agile get the customs. They will help figuring out what shock# you need. The are very helpful and knowledgeable in my experience.
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
I don't have the original shocks anymore, they were replaced while I was on a trip this year with different shocks.

The guy I bought my E350 from said it was a Ujor conversion done by Green Tree Fab in Alaska maybe 8-9 years ago. I guess it's possible he was confused or lying, but every other bit of info he gave me about the van has checked out.

Home - Green Tree Fabrication | Alaska's Fabricators
Give us a pic of the Van side shot so we can see where the Front Axel is.. if its a Ujoint kit the Axle is forward of the OEM location.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:32 PM   #14

From your Pics this looks like a Squiggly (quiggly) or a S/K Salem Kroger Van. They used the OEM Shock Mounts and Shock Size. Agile only did TIB Front ends. And were very nice to talk to on the phone but rater short. Ujoint can tell you the Shock Size if its on a Solid Axle. If its not then its just the OEM Shock Size. and for that I would go to Bilstein

But again More Pics woudl help. This is not a Ujoint Conversion as the Axle is in the OEM location. Even if they Bought a kit the Axle moves forward on a ujoint van.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzila View Post
From your Pics this looks like a Squiggly (quiggly) or a S/K Salem Kroger Van. They used the OEM Shock Mounts and Shock Size. Agile only did TIB Front ends. And were very nice to talk to on the phone but rater short. Ujoint can tell you the Shock Size if its on a Solid Axle. If its not then its just the OEM Shock Size. and for that I would go to Bilstein

But again More Pics woudl help. This is not a Ujoint Conversion as the Axle is in the OEM location. Even if they Bought a kit the Axle moves forward on a ujoint van.
The owner told me it was a Ujor, but I've never had any reason to have anyone doublecheck. I don't know what year it was done; "maybe 8-9 years ago" is based on a quick phone conversation I had with the owner 1.5 years ago. The conversion may have been done anywhere from 3-9 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
current shocks 2.jpg   current shocks 3.jpg   current shocks 4.jpg  
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #16

That's one of our earlier kits. Most likely one that was sold through UJOR since I never used textured finish on parts I shipped. There have been a couple simple updates since then... probably pre-2018.

The shock used with the kit is a Fox 980-24-677.

I would cut the bump stops off and switch over to these...
SSF-111-47 | SumoSprings Front for Ford F-250|F-350|F-450|F-550
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
That's one of our earlier kits. Most likely one that was sold through UJOR since I never used textured finish on parts I shipped. There have been a couple simple updates since then... probably pre-2018.

Thanks so much! I leave anything more complicated than swapping wheels to the mechanic...would most 4x4 mechanics understand "I would cut the bump stops off and switch over to these...
SSF-111-47 | SumoSprings Front for Ford F-250|F-350|F-450|F-550"
Old 11-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
Thanks so much! I leave anything more complicated than swapping wheels to the mechanic...would most 4x4 mechanics understand "I would cut the bump stops off and switch over to these...
SSF-111-47 | SumoSprings Front for Ford F-250|F-350|F-450|F-550"
The Sumo bump stops mount in the same hole as the stock Eseries bump stops did. There is an offset mounting plate that threads into the stock frame hole then the bump stop threads onto the mounting plate. I left my contact info in the private message I replied to, send me a quick email and I will forward some pictures of the bumpstop installed for the mechanic to reference.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:42 PM   #19

MG your the shizzle bro!
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 01:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post

Ok, I had the old stops cut off and replaced with those SumoSprings bump stops. Not seeing much improvement. The guys at the shop pointed out that there was not much space for up/down movement and offered to cut the bump stops in half....how does that sound? (and the van is parked sideways on an incline right now, that's why one side shows clearance and the other doesn't)
Attached Thumbnails
bump2.jpg   bump1.jpg