Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2020, 10:25 AM   #11

A little more info. If you do get a CC tank try to get the fuel pump assembly and hardware, just makes it easier. I have one for my EB but have yet to install it. Going to use the cut down stock tank and the CC tank with a selector switch.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tank-7686.html

Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #12

Yup. That's the best option. The 55 gallon is most certainly EB-only. And the hitch receiver with a curved cross-bar might not fit with it, but the flat cross-bar version should. You will need another crossmember and the little stub-frame that's parallel to the tank. And might as well snag all the fuel lines up to the fuel filter while you'r at it. You can re-use your existing evap canister. And your emissions placard under the hood already certifies the evap system for up to 40 gallons.

If you don't want to de-construct the donor chassis. MGMetalWorks also has a laser-cut bracket setup for the aft tanks. Actually, if you can make a trip up north, Michael can add an OEM fuel door to the back as well.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:34 AM   #13

Should have known that MG would have the info. He has put 35 CC tanks in RB vans.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...her-22991.html
Old 11-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #14
GWB

Fuel tank

Chris at UJoint off Road would be a good place to start.
GWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CObrew View Post
I have an 06 E350 with the sportsmobile 4x4. The van has the gas v10. My fuel tank is starting to rust out and I cannot find a replacement or anyone willing to fix it. Does anyone know of a place I can buy a new tank that will fit the 4x4 conversion? I don't care if it is less capacity. I have tried agile, transfer flow and quigley. The only hope I have is that a quigley tank will fit. Transfer flow says they do not have and will not make a replacement and agile has one only for the diesel. The agile tank is much larger capacity than the Quigley which is appealing but I'd have to find someone to modify it to work with the venting and fuel pump for the gas engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If it's of interest, I have a brand new MTS 37gal poly tank (#4837) for sale. I don't know which 4x4 conversion you have so I'm not positive this tank will fit.
Here are the details;
1999-2010 Ford® E-350 Super Duty Cutaway Series 37 gallon rear/aft axle fuel tank. Tank includes our specifically designed sending unit gasket & stainless steel retaining rings for the sending unit and valves. Do NOT use the OEM sending unit gasket. This tank does NOT include a sending unit, EMS valve(s), EMS valve gasket(s), straps or skid-plate. Dimensions 30 1/2" x 24 3/4" x 13 3/8". Replaces # 2C2Z29002GA, 4C249K087DD and F7UA-9002-CD.
https://www.mtscompany.com/ford.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
Should have known that MG would have the info. He has put 35 CC tanks in RB vans.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...her-22991.html
35CC? Do you mean 37gal cab chassis(cutaway)? I think MG has mainly focused on the 55gal aft tanks for the EB vans.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #16

Yes 35 gallon I didn't know the exact capacity.

Did you miss the link I posted .

In it is a quote from MG

"The 40 gallon tank from the Eseries cutaway works in an RB."
Old 11-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
Yes 35 gallon I didn't know the exact capacity.

Did you miss the link I posted .

In it is a quote from MG

"The 40 gallon tank from the Eseries cutaway works in an RB."
I don't know if MG is talking specifically about the tank fitting a 4x4 conversion, or just stock 4x2 van.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #18

To add to the confusion...

I've seen 35 gallon, 37 gallon and 40 gallon in various places in FORD documentation to describe the same tank.

The "55 gallon" tank will hold ~62 gallons of fuel.

I have installed tanks in EBs only so far. All of them were "55 gallon" tanks, I haven't done the smaller tank and haven't done an RB.

Of the available options for EBs, I like the 2008 and earlier welded, heavy gauge steel tanks. The stamped light gauge steel tanks from later model years are taller and they don't fit as well.

The space in rear of an RB is technically large enough for the smaller aft-of-axle Eseries tanks but since I've not installed one, I couldn't say where the fill neck would have to go. It couldn't go on the driver side if the van has rear A/C.

Diesel vans are easy in terms of fuel lines and venting. Gas vans are a bit trickier with the added evap canister and venting stuff. '09+ also requires some custom work on the tank level sensor.

It is not a "bolt-in" swap. It is a pretty good amount of work to make the tank fit and get all the little details worked out.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote