Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2018, 04:38 AM   #1

Should I buy? 1999 7.3 Quigley

Hi All,

I have a chance to buy a very clean 1999 e350 7.3 Quigley regular body with 92k miles. Seller asking $20k. Van is clean with covered insulated walls and ceiling on the inside but that's about it. Pretty much a blank slate on inside. Is this a good deal?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG950195-1.jpg  

SMB OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #2

If it has been for sale publicly for more than a day then you are probably too late.

It is a very good deal if not rusty. You said 'clean'. Does that mean besides rust? Little rust? No rust?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #3

Agreed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #4
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Scotty and the rallyman KNOW!! They have been on here much longer and probably seen hundreds listed and gone whithin no-time! I would say there comes a time when you just have to dive in and hope for the BEST!!! Other than unforeseen (from pics) repairs, unless you have the seller do a video walk around, ask for specific area videos, closeups etc, and it is still not a given, eh?, I would have to think starting point is a starting point and getting a 4x van for fun adventures is just about worth it all...plus sounds like you are a do-it-yourself person (?) so even better...good luck next time!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #5

Thank you all very much for your advise! I really appreciate it. I have only seen pictures and cant say for sure how much rust there is. The pictures look good but you never know. Again, thank you all!!
SMB OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #6

It must not be listed anywhere. I'm not in the market but I'm a fan so I did a pretty good search of New Hampshire for this van, mostly to try to find more pics and better answer your question. I couldn't find it, which means maybe others can't find it. That's a good thing.

A couple things I'm seeing from the one pic though. Looks like rear windows have been added which means it may've started life as a basic cargo van. Many 7.3's did. If that's the case it may be a bare bones van with no cruise, tilt, power options (windows, door locks, etc), basic radio, all that. If so I'd probably pass. Not because a 4wd 7.3 isn't worth the price but because for 20k you ought to get these basic creature comforts. They make a van MUCH more livable. For instance, you can't reach across the van to roll a window down or unlock a door. It's too far for anyone short of NBA reach.

Keep us posted!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote