Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #21

Please forgive me if my question should be a new thread, instead of bumping this old one, but the kind of parts list that deminimis and daveb both posted at the start of this thread is what I am hoping for. If you can, please help me figure out what front wheel drive conversion I have. My SMB rig is a Ford 2006 6.0L diesel EB-50 and the original owner was charged $15,120 for the "Ford 4x4 SMB 4wd conversion" (+ $1500 for ARB air locker "front axle") on a Feb. 2006 SMB West invoice. The SMB sales pitch was apparently that this conversion would allow for easy parts access and repairs at Ford dealerships. I just had the local dealership replace a faulty left front ABS sensor, and the Ford part that was pre-ordered for the repair was incorrect. The Ford mechanic was able to locate the correct sensor at a local third party parts store, and he said that it is a "Chevy hub" part! This by far isn't the first experience that I have had where what was ordered, and what was charged for and specified on the SMB West invoice, and what was actually installed or done are two or three different things. Crawling around under the rig I found that my front differential is a Dynatrac (maybe a Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60?, says "Patent Pending"), and the left caliper has a casting number "6F D8 134247", and below "5157". The part number of the replacement "Chevy" ABS sensor was "ABS593". My front end has U-joints, leaf springs, and a vertical detachable link on each side of the axle between the springs and the U-joints. The hubs are ARB air lockers of some sort and my wheels are 16" aluminum rims, Old Man Emu Nitro Shocks, and there is an Advance Atlas II at the other end of the front drive shaft. Does anyone out there have a similar vintage conversion setup done by SMB West that can tell me what I have, and hopefully brand and part numbers for what was used in this particular SMB 4wd conversion? Thanks, Walter

'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #22
Site Team

Garage
That's a standard SMB front axle build prior to when Ford made a change. After that they used the same stuff but the brakes are larger Ford brakes than the earlier models. They also did Quigley but those didn't use the Dynatrac axle up front. Chevy parts??? Not that I've found but I'm running a Brakeman system. Even with that I was told I could use Ford pads/rotors in a pinch. I'd call Dynatrac.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #23

I might have missed it but does anyone know what front sway bar was used in 2004 on the SMB conversion with the Dynatrac?
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #24
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnty View Post
I might have missed it but does anyone know what front sway bar was used in 2004 on the SMB conversion with the Dynatrac?
Should be a Hellwig if it's a SMB conversion.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:21 AM   #25

Unfortunately, I do not know the brand. I had to replace the bushings on my quick disconnects when I bought my van (because the previous owner had probably never them, and the sleeves had road-corroded to the arms). I measured the existing bushings and searched every manufacturer's specifications to no avail. I was, fortunately, able to order them directly through Peter at Sportsmobile, although he never told me the brand.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #26

Thank you both, ya I might need to contact Peter to get an actual part #.
Again I appreciate the input!
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:30 AM   #27

Hello, long time no post. searched this thread and dont see this but 2011 E350, with same year Quigley. need front brakes and my Quigley build sheet is not clear at all which rotors pads calipers + hoses to use. Any insight from anyone?

Waiting for a call back from Quigley on this but they do sound grouchy today! (not at all my experience with them in the past). In the meantime I'll search some other threads too... TIA
Old 07-30-2019, 12:27 PM   #28

Answering my own question!

Use parts for F350 same year for spec brakes. sounds too simple to be true....

All I've added was AOR R.I.P., Redhead, steering stabilizer so nothing to impact. (from what little i know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Hello, long time no post. searched this thread and dont see this but 2011 E350, with same year Quigley. need front brakes and my Quigley build sheet is not clear at all which rotors pads calipers + hoses to use. Any insight from anyone?

Waiting for a call back from Quigley on this but they do sound grouchy today! (not at all my experience with them in the past). In the meantime I'll search some other threads too... TIA
Old 09-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #29

Garage
Any sources for the drag link part Motorcraft 8C3Z 3304 G muchly appreciated ...

2006 Sportsmobile SWB
E350 6.0l
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
Any sources for the drag link part Motorcraft 8C3Z 3304 G muchly appreciated ...

A quick Google search turned up multiple sources.