Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #1

SoCal Ford/Quigley stocking dealer--great experience

Fritts Ford in Riverside CA, Fleet Manager Leroy Pettitt

We had the best possible experience from top to bottom at Fritts. Every aspect of our purchase there could not have been better. Every person we dealt with was courteous, efficient and knowledgeable.

First, we sought the AAA 1% over invoice price. Several other dealers gave me the sense that this request was too much a PITA for their time. It was glaring. We called Fritts, and they transferred me to an actual department which handles that. They quickly ran through some info and approved us for the discount (as though routine for them, wow).

Next I dealt with Leroy. He was able to immediately address all my Quigley and Ford options and other questions. Also, Leroy was on it with the email communication, surprisingly so for an older gent in a traditionally non-digital industry. Definitely raised our comfort level even more.

After delivery, the purchase/financing process was very efficient. We spent just over an hour at the fleet center picking up our van. We even threw a LoJack on the financing. All easy and fast.

The follow up from Quigley has been thorough as well--warranty info, documentation, etc. We feel we're really "in the system" there, and that's additionally comforting.

I went to Theodore Robins Ford (nearer where we live) some time afterward, wanting to address what looked like a small leak in the rear end. These knuckleheads apparently had no clue what a Quigley even was, and they assured me that since the van was "modified from original" that there would indeed be a charge to check it out/fix it. This was after the van had spent a day there with us shuttling me to work and so on. On my way back to Fritts in Riverside the next day, the inept TR service rep then had the gall to phone me to try to get me back in to "discuss" it with his service manager. The service manager at Fritts had even phoned Robins Ford on my behalf in attempt to straighten them out on the Ford/Quigley warranty work. The Robins rep never even returned his two phone messages.

At Fritts, there were no questions asked about the rear end. They dropped in a new pinion seal gratis, rotated my tires and aligned it for ten bucks. When I brought up my Robins experience, they just looked at me funny and confirmed that that shop should rightfully have taken and serviced our van under warranty.

I've only bought one other vehicle new, so I don't have a lot of background with new car dealers. But based on my experience as far as Quigley goes (and AAA), Fritts is way, way ahead of any dealers in SoCal. If Quigley is the right direction for you, I would heartily recommend Fritts in Riverside. We could not be happier we went through them.

Excuse my rant...I'm not a paid employee of Fritts! My next job starts Monday, if ya couldn't tell. Cheers.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #2

That's awesome! I know where to take my SMB now. We live in Corona. Thanks for posting this and congrats on the new rig!!
2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
Needs to be a sticky started about dealerships/shops (good and bad) for all of us who might be traveling in the area one time or another. Eventhough any shop can screw up, the more info the better. I would drive (or be towed ) to a shop that someone has had a good experence with even if it's further away. At least I would have a better outlook during a stressful event.

Sure nice to hear something good even though they are 300 mi away from me.

Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:44 AM   #4

I bought my van at Fritz Ford. They are a stocking dealer in SoCal. They know exactly how to order them. You can always see a few Quigley vans kicking around there. I haven't been to the service dept yet but I expect they see more 4x4 vans than most.

I'd go back there again.
j.whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:50 AM   #5

http://www.quigley4x4.com/dealers/index ... N=41576162

On the Quigley web site they list dealers who SHOULD be able to help when needed. Dealers work on a lot of E-Series vans. Its the 4x4 that will throw them off. Quigley can usually get them back on track over the phone.
j.whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #6

lol

hope a better article