So after being at yesterdays meet&greet in SoCal and seeing all the nice rigs, I have decided to go with larger tires.
Before I do so, I would like some advice.
Here is what I have:
- 1. Currently running BFG AT 285-75-16.
2. I have 4.10 gears.
3. Standard brakes I suppose
4. I have the V10 with the SMB 4x4 package
5. A lot of road driving and offroad trips on fire roads, rocks, dirt
I am strongly considering Toyo M/T 315-75-16 E Rated.
Several of you have convinced me that the Toyo's are better than the BFG's (though I have always liked my BFG M/Ts on my Jeeps).
So what I would like to know is the following:
- 1. How do they handle on the road? A couple of you said they pull at freeway speeds?
2. How are they as far as noise? (especially compared to BFG A/Ts)
3. What do you think of running this size with 4.10 gears especially on the low end?
4. Since I have the 16" rims, I assume I have the standard brakes. Anyone running this size tire without upgrading their brakes? If so any noticable difference?
5. Any negatives with this tire?
Thanks very much.