Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #21

Re: U Joint 4WD conversion kit on a 2010 E350 passenger van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
6.0 vans do not have RSC (even though they got the RSC door sticker for some reason).
Good info

This has been puzzling me... I recently saw an 08 E350 6.0 pass van, and it only had the single rear brake line and no RSC off button on the dash. It did have the RSC badge though. I was going to run the VIN & see what I could find.

ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver350
So Chris, am I understanding this correctly? The different knuckle brings the linkage to a place where you don't need to use a Drop Pitman Arm and thereby eliminating any problems with the RSC?

No, the drag link angle has nothing to do with it. It's all about the ABS signal & sensor. I just wrote up a quick paragraph on my axle page.
ujointoffroad.com
Old 02-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Tim, This is a stock Ford transmission cooler? Not what I got from Ford in 05. That one looks huge.
What I meant with "it looks like this van has an intercooler...I meant well this van is a 6.0 with RSC but is it true that no 6.0 has RSC as stated above? If so then one would think you don;t have to bypass or trick the RSC since they don;t have RSC with the 6.0. If they do have the RSC in the 6.0 then this van looks like a 6.0 to me though I don't know much about the vans at all...but the thing in this picture looks like an intercooler to me. I know the 7.3 vans were never intercooled and the 6.0 were but my point is this dosn't look like a transmision cooler to me but a 6.0 intercooler. THETHING I DON"T WANT TO DO IS BUY A $40,000 2010 with 6.0 and find out it can't be converted to 4X4 because of RSC! If they never came with RSC in a 6.0 E serries as caringb claims then that would be awesome! But, I don;t know much about the vans???
sac95985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #24

Just to clarify, this van is a V10.
ujointoffroad.com
Old 02-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Tim, This is a stock Ford transmission cooler? Not what I got from Ford in 05. That one looks huge.

That van has a V10 and that big shiny thing is the radiator or A/C condenser. The 2 vertical hoses you see are Trans cooler lines. There is (most likely) also a power steering cooler on the drivers side in front of the rad, above the trans cooler.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Quote:

That van has a V10 and that big shiny thing is the radiator or A/C condenser. The 2 vertical hoses you see are Trans cooler lines. There is (most likely) also a power steering cooler on the drivers side in front of the rad, above the trans cooler.
Thanks SilverE350! Your right on. The silver radiator is the AC condenser. The two black lines you see are going into the bottom of the transmission cooler, which works very well in this van. My boat is pretty heavy and even in the blistering heat of the California desert it stays very cool.
ctimrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #27

Okay now I'm pissed.... Chris did'nt offer to come up and help with mine!

Your Van looks good!

I still need to swap out my front springs and make my dual shock mounts.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctimrun
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks SilverE350! Your right on. The silver radiator is the AC condenser. The two black lines you see are going into the bottom of the transmission cooler, which works very well in this van. My boat is pretty heavy and even in the blistering heat of the California desert it stays very cool.

Got ya, so the van is gas with Roll over Stability Controll and Chris was sucesful in converting it.

Not to hijack the thread but on the topic of RSC...I guess what I am asking is can I buy any van I want with a 6.0 like a 2010 and not worry about RSC or at the very least use the new UJOR RSC 4X4 conversion.

carringb knows alot about these vans for sure after I have read what he writes on boards all over the internet and he is a wealth full of knowledge, so I am hoping as he claims the RSC on all 6.0 vans is just a sticker and I could get all 6.0 into 4X4 for cheaper?
sac95985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac95985
Got ya, so the van is gas with Roll over Stability Controll and Chris was sucesful in converting it.

Not to hijack the thread but on the topic of RSC...I guess what I am asking is can I buy any van I want with a 6.0 like a 2010 and not worry about RSC or at the very least use the new UJOR RSC 4X4 conversion.

carringb knows alot about these vans for sure after I have read what he writes on boards all over the internet and he is a wealth full of knowledge, so I am hoping as he claims the RSC on all 6.0 vans is just a sticker and I could get all 6.0 into 4X4 for cheaper?
If you buy a van that has RSC you will be able to convert it just like Chris has converted mine. It sounds to me if your going after a newer van with the 6 liter in it you wont have to worry about the RSC system since it sounds like they were not actually equipped with the whole RSC system, only the nameplate. Now that I think about it, when I was looking for a van, I never saw a 2008 or newer passenger van equipped with the diesel engine, they were all cargo vans which didn't have RSC. All the passenger vans I saw were V8's and V10's. Starting model year 2011 all of Ford's vans are equipped with the RSC system no matter what configuration, cargo or passenger.
ctimrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #30

Ford offered 12-passenger wagons with the diesel through the end of '09, and it did not have RSC, only the badge. I actually never noticed the badges, until John at QuadVan pointed it out. But you can be assured there is not actually RSC on the diesel. The motor isn't compatible with it. It wasn't even until '09 that the V10 was compatible with RSC (and that is why the V10 was missing from 15 pass wagons for a couple year).

As Chris mentioned.... Looking at the rear brake lines is the real giveaway. RSC vans have fully independent rear brake lines. Non-RSC vans have a single rear brake line which Tees at the axle. And the RSC button on the dash is the other giveaway.