Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #11

Re: Warn M12000 and synthetic line

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Running synthetic from Olympus off-road on my powerplant 1200, looks like they are back ordered here's the specs
http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.com/ ... p_198.html
swapped out the roller fair lead with a solid unit from warn. There are some good ropes out there, warn, amsteel and masterpull come to mind, just mind the load rating. Olympus lines were rated at 30,000. Not sure if there's a standard for testing.

I just picked up an Arachni line.. They had a special discounted blue line with free rock lights, so I pulled the trigger. It will be nice not to wrestle with the steel cable.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexGX
daveb,

I like the black rollers. I am going to see if I can get a deal at Expo, if not, then I will order something.

TexGX
Note there are a couple of types of black rollers. Viking used to sell delrin rollers which are harder, and delrin is self lubricating if I recall - they're no longer available from Viking I believe. The ones in the picture in this thread are Daystar polyurethane rollers which are softer. I have the delrin on my SMB and the Daystar on my XJ. The Daystar rollers have a nice groove on the side rollers to try and keep the line out of the lower/upper corners. The big risk with roller fairleads and synthetic line is getting jammed in the corners.

However, I do worry about how soft the Daystar rollers are. Ideally you're not putting that much side/up-down load on the rollers and you're using pulley blocks or whatever to keep the pull straight into the winch but we all know the real world is not so convenient.

Note that providing there is no damage to steel rollers from using steel line, there's no reason you can't use synthetic line with them. (of course with the aforementioned caution about getting jammed in the corner of the rollers).

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
I just picked up an Arachni line.. They had a special discounted blue line with free rock lights, so I pulled the trigger. It will be nice not to wrestle with the steel cable.
FYI, I ordered my line and a few other accessories on 5/11. After emailing Olympus with no response, calling them and leaving a message with no response, I finally contacted them via Facebook, and they shipped part of my order yesterday on 5/27. The rest of the order is still in question, and they have not responded via facebook or the new email address they gave me.

I also suspect it's unlikely I'm getting the free lights they offered as part of the promotion, as they haven't responded to my questions asking for confirmation.

So, jury is still out, but I want to like them!
Old 05-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
...So, jury is still out, but I want to like them!
Keep the timeframe in mind if you need to file a cc dispute. It's a last resort that usually gets a business' attention.

Herb
Old 05-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Quote:
...So, jury is still out, but I want to like them!
Keep the timeframe in mind if you need to file a cc dispute. It's a last resort that usually gets a business' attention.

Herb
Yup. I don't think it will come to that, I think they are just a little incompetent as opposed to dishonest. But who knows? I will update.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #16

Got most of the order on Friday.. a mere 18 days after I ordered it. And I got the rock lights.

Still waiting on some other stuff that was supposedly drop shipped.. But I haven't received any shipping confirmation. So we'll see.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:47 PM   #17
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Glad you're receiving your stuff, would be nice if it all were shipped from one warehouse, but I also found they shipped several items from a warehouse in China, while other items they had stocked at their CO location. Mostly pleased with the products I received from Olympus, 3 of my rock lights that came free with the purchase of the other lights are not working anymore, could be a number of things, bad connection, the fact that the wires are super thin and broke off, my mounting location got them whacked by too many rocks? Housings look fine.....my communication with them was pretty good, which you seem to be having a problem with, I don't think you'll have an issue with receiving your items, it just would be nice to know the status and get confirmation.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #18

I finally received the entire order! They stopped communicating with me on Facebook until I told them I was going to contest the charge on my credit card, then immediately they had the package shipped and a tracking number!

Anyway, it took a total of 25 days to get my order, not exactly quick (especially as they advertise 3-6 days for delivery on their site). Oh well, I received everything, that's what counts.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:18 AM   #19
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

^^^^^sort of, but would you order from them again, prob not! And from a business standpoint, they really dropped the ball with the wrong customer, they may have lost many more potential customers just from posting your experience here, too bad, as I've been pretty happy with their products, and you can't beat the price on their synthetic rope. Sounds like we need Ray to help out yet another Colorado co. with some growing pains......
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #20

Here we are again.. ordered a replacement line from Olympus 37 days ago, still don't have it. Fool me once, shame on you, fools me twice, shame on me. Oh well, never again.