Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2022, 06:47 AM   #1

where can i get steel bolt pattern adpters??

Hi, a friend of mine has a 4x4 converted 1996 e350, he has lost on rear wheel twice, the bolt cut of and the wheel goes away with the aluminium spacer/adpter attached to it, i have a quigley van that i think has steel adpaters on the rear axle and i haven´t had any issues.
We think that the soft aluminium could be the issue but i havent been avle to find steel adapter, could anyone give me any advice or direct me to a shop that sells them?

Thnaks, Francisco.

Francisco Coddou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:02 AM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
where can i get steel bolt pattern adpters??

https://www.wheeladapter.com

I have a set of aluminum adapters from these guys, no issues in many years of use.
It sounds like the studs/bolts on your friends rig are getting over torqued and stretched or he’s not using the proper grade.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:51 AM   #3

Thanks, he had dorman 610303 bolts, acording to amazon they are 8.8 grade is that correct?
We found that only 2 of the 8 bolts where cuted off, the rest was bended and with no stripped threads, they did had lock tite on them, the spacers where cheap soft aluminium.

Looks like he also needs a wheel hub, i thought he had a dana 70 ff but the doors sticker reads axle code 39, i found a table that tells me that it´s a sterling 10.25, if someone could help me with the wheel hub for that please?

Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:50 PM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Ya, it’s important to use at the minimum a 6061 grade aluminum for these types of spacers on our heavy rigs. Wheel adapter uses a 6061-T6 grade billet aluminum for their spacers. Think grade 8 is a bit light for wheel stud use on heavy rigs, might be part of the problem? I’m having a hard time finding definitive info on what grade wheel studs should be used.

Found this too for comparison

https://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Ad...iABEgJ-qfD_BwE
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Ya, it’s important to use at the minimum a 6061 grade aluminum for these types of spacers on our heavy rigs. Wheel adapter uses a 6061-T6 grade billet aluminum for their spacers.
Wheeladapters.com seems to use Timkin steel for anything 1ton, not ally. I just bought a set from them, replaced my Quigly Ally spacers with adapters since I changed bolt the pattern. Wheeladapters.com is great quality, I was absolutely amazed at the quality for the price they charged. Adapter, Studs (grade 10), Nuts are all highest quality.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepShagger View Post
Wheeladapters.com seems to use Timkin steel for anything 1ton, not ally. I just bought a set from them, replaced my Quigly Ally spacers with adapters since I changed bolt the pattern. Wheeladapters.com is great quality, I was absolutely amazed at the quality for the price they charged. Adapter, Studs (grade 10), Nuts are all highest quality.
Thanks, i´ll go with them, but it looks like the wheel hubs are damaged beyond repair from the event, ¿where can i get them? i have been looking at summit and ebay.
I´m from Chile so sourcing them is not so easy for me.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco Coddou View Post
Thanks, i´ll go with them, but it looks like the wheel hubs are damaged beyond repair from the event, ¿where can i get them? i have been looking at summit and ebay.
I´m from Chile so sourcing them is not so easy for me.
https://www.rockauto.com/ Is a good source for parts, also many options OEM vs aftermarket. I recently got hubs, brakes, rotors, wheel studs from them. Very quick shipping and they don’t lie about what’s in stock vs needs to be ordered like all the online ford places.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote