Momentum Vans Upgrades Jan-May 2020
I'm about to head back to sea for my last tour before retirement. As part of that, this will be the last major upgrade for Linus. I drop off the van @ Momentum Vans in Arlington WA on Monday. Brian and his gang are putting out quality builds, the are just an excellent resource for our local van community.
1) ROAMBUILT RACK WITH ATF AUTOMATED SHADE: new rack with integrated automatic shade. Lower profile, grating flat surface, lighter weight.
a. FLATRACK configuration – lower profile
b. 50” LED light bar in front.
c. Cut-outs forward fan, aft 12V KINGTEC AC UNIT.
d. Crossbars as the current rack has.
e. Integral wiring fore and aft for all current wiring.
f. XM antenna mount aft
G. Lifting bar off back of rack which will accommodate a HARKEN 4:1 purchase or similar for lifting the spare tire.
2) KINGTEC 12V A/C UNIT: Remove aft fan, install 12V unit, wiring.
3) OWLCAM DASHCAM: Mount dashcam, hard wire.
4) Add Air blow out connection after water pump in domestic water system.
5) Replace KENWOOD head unit with ALPINE INE-W977HD unit.
6) REROUTE DRONE MOBILE/COMPUSTAR TEMP SENSOR:
a. Re-locate the temp sensor to a location inside the van that is a more accurate read of the interior temp. Current location reads approximately 15-20^ high in sunlight.
7) KONI SHOCKS: Replace forward shocks.
8) VAN COMPASS HI-LIFT MOUNT: This purchased from VC does not work as intended, the mount is too close to the van. Each piece will need to be modified. Powder coat black or paint when complete.
9) VAN COMPASS SUMO BUMP STOPS: Remove stock, install VC stops.
10) MORE USER-FRIENDLY CUSTOM BUG SCREEN FOR SLIDER DOOR: The current Sportsmobile bug screen is cumbersome and time consuming to set-up, all Velcro around the edge. It takes forever to set-up and then remove. New screen will be zipped into place and set-up to be semi-permanent, essentially rolled up and stored along the top edge of the slider when not in use. Then a quick drop down and zip in two pieces for use. Possible magnetic strip on bottom of screen.
11) BATTERY COMPARTMENT HEAT: Add XTREME HEATER to battery compartment for cold weather additional heating. Route to 110 panel, possible separate accessible switch. The EXTREME heater is designed with lithium batteries in mind. Auto on at 39^, off at 55^. Lithium batteries cannot be charged below 32^.
12) LITHIONICS NEVER-DIE BMS: New advanced VERSION 8 BMS that is both SOC and Bluetooth capable. Remote switch added for BMS. Replaces the VERSION 7 BMS.
13) Blue LED lighting string or individual lights for night lights. In the flare spaces or underneath the sleeping platform.
2017 4X4 2500 144" Stone Grey High Top