Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #11

Garage
I think one of the main reasons things like that are so expensive is but the shops are pretty small and they’re not doing a ton of volume even though it seems like #VanLife Is huge. There’s a lot of work and long hours to develop this stuff. They don’t make much while it’s in R&D and then pretty low volume once it hits the market.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:24 PM   #12

Agreed. It takes time to see a return. Only a few years in on the Sprinter 4x4.

Could tariffs be adding cost? Has anyone asked? Most business will be happy to provide raw material sources. Either domestic or import.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #13

Yeah this makes sense, and the fact that there are so many ford e series 4x4's is probably why they can offer the ford kits so much cheaper. still tho', shit ain't cheap!

still trying to decide between vc and agile. likely leaning towards agile only because i'm in CA and I can get some other work done to like a aux tank and some other stuff(skids, winch) and maybe can get a little discount if I do big package with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
I think one of the main reasons things like that are so expensive is but the shops are pretty small and they’re not doing a ton of volume even though it seems like #VanLife Is huge. There’s a lot of work and long hours to develop this stuff. They don’t make much while it’s in R&D and then pretty low volume once it hits the market.
rean1mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #14

The Ford kit is cheaper because it doesn't come with the rear leaf springs.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:12 AM   #15

Agile vs. Van Compass

First disclosure, my thoughts are based on research only, my van is currently in production and will deliver soon. I am planning ahead to complete immediate suspension upgrade. I was all set to go with Agile's RIP, even with the high cost, knowing that the factory suspension would not be sufficient to provide a comfortable ride. I have spoken with both companies at length, they were both excellent to communicate with and very helpful. Based on my goals, I am choosing to go to with the stage 3 at VC. I do not need a lift on my 4x4, though the add-leaves will help create leveling and higher weight capacity. I have learned that the coil over from Agile can be overkill if you're just looking for improvement of comfort in the ride. It may be more appropriate if you intend to add significant weight in the front and intend to do more aggressive off-road driving. I have a local installer, in Boise, ID who has installed the RIP on a Sprinter and their fee was about $950. Talking with Jesus from Agile and Mark at VC was super helpful to determine which package would best suit our intended type of driving, etc. I think the answer is relative to your driving, your van's set up, and of course your budget. It seems that more mechanically inclined folks can install the tuned Fox shocks on their own, which is not me. I will have the Stage 3 drop shipped to Boise and installed by the local VC-endorsed shop. Open to feedback from those who have done on or the other and can speak from experience.
AdvDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:56 AM   #16

I did the kit... 2017 Sprinter 4x

Paid just under 4K. Kit includes a leaf pack designed around your van as well as the shocks...
adding the doubles in the front will add another 12-1500 I believe...
The ride is worth it.
Ron_Nunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rean1mator View Post
I'll likely be doing the AGILE kit(90% sure) but I'm trying to wrap my head around the cost of this kit?! Holy cow, it ain't cheap. Starts at $3600 before installation? What exactly is this giving you above and beyond their RIP kit for the E350(except some serious street cred, haha) which warrants the price to be $2000 more? If the starting price is $3600 what are the upgrade to the kit that will bump the price up and to what?

Are they custom valved specifically for your specific VAN's weight?

Is the price based on the fact that it's a Mercedes? I know Agile is very highly regarded around here but...

Anyone know what the equivalent Van Compass package is to the Agile?

Having put on fully adjustable Fox Suspension on my FJ Cruiser at a cost of about $2000, this kit seems a little more than over priced.

I'm 90% already planning on this but would like to understand better from actual users before calling up Agile for the install.

And thoughts on this kit vs the Van Compass Kit would be greatly appreciated.
I put Agile RIP on my 2018 4wd Sprinter. Your right it’s expensive but I’ll tell you when I drove it home I was shocked at the ride difference. Plus Agile is a professional well run business that does great work.
pfrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #18

Last summer I replaced front Fox shocks in my RIP since one had leaked... outside of warranty period of cuss, but John told me Fox just posted a price increase, along with a second one later in 2018 so the Fox prices did impact the Agile package prices in 2018.

My son still tells me ‘theres other good and cheaper 4x4shocks available than Fox’ which is true but buying from Agile delivered a solid system. Sounds like people agree about the VC systems

If y’all fun hogs would stop driving the van market up out there on the west coast I’d be happy 🤯. Anyhow, WORTH IT, at least this E350 owner thinks so.

😍 Happy Valentines Day,
Attached Thumbnails
E081C255-9E4E-4937-92F9-C0A66FC5FB34.jpeg   9692F75B-C944-439A-9382-634E8BB39EA3.jpg   61FBD782-AE02-48E2-A31F-F8FA4CD0180B.jpg