Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2020, 08:30 AM   #1

Garage
Agile’s takes Winnebago Revel 4×4 to the Extreme!

https://agileoffroad.com/shop-news/w...eid=05381f38e6

This just dropped into my inbox. Very nice!

Old 05-18-2020, 02:59 PM   #2

Looks great. I hear La Mesa RV is enabling buyers to pre-order or bundle the Agile kits with the Revel, so you can finance everything together... which is probably needed because Agile($) + Revel($$) = $$$!
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #3

I don't even want to know how much these cost!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:19 AM   #4

I wish the Revel had a layout that was more appealing to me. But I am at least 20 years away from traveling with only 1 other companion.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
I wish the Revel had a layout that was more appealing to me. But I am at least 20 years away from traveling with only 1 other companion.
Ditto. The bunk for the 3rd passenger feels like so much afterthought. I particularly dislike that it effectively blocks the slider door. I'm the early bird of our family, and I'm often up before dawn to do photography, then get the coffee going, etc. If we had a Revel, we'd have to juggle the usual sleeping arrangements to put the kiddo in bed with the Mrs. and I'd be relegated to the tiny fold-out bed. Hard to get excited about spending six-figures so I can sleep on the worst bed.

It's weird to me, given how big the vans are, that there are so many Sprinter layouts that are 2-people max or 2+afterthought.

Our current rig is an Astro van (fully FOUR FEET shorter than a 144" Sprinter) and we manage to comfortably sit and sleep 4 people (and have a fridge and porta-potti cabinet).

That said, I like that the Revel is trying to mainstream a lot of the ideas that Sportmobile and other "niche" RV builders have been pushing for a while. At least it doesn't come with a bunch of clearance-killing underslung cabinets and tanks, etc.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #6

I think Winne knows that the people with this kind of cash are all in the 50+ age group. Or at least a lot of them are. They bet big with the bathroom. They should just take out the bathroom and put a shower pan under the rear bed allowing for a shower in the back with the bed up against the ceiling.

Agreed on most builders' layouts. They seem to either build for "vanlife instagrammers" (20-somethings with 2 people and a dog) or "active lifestyle silver hairs" (60+ with kids out of the house). Leaves me with my kids stuck building out custom vans myself. Which isn't a bad deal.

I would love to see customer segmentation on the Revel by location. I bet there are a lot of people in the midwest that buy these. And I see quite a few in SoCal.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote