Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2022, 09:52 PM   #1

Garage
Arctic Trucks: Sprinter conversions

4x4 Mercedes Sprinter conversation coming by Arctic Trucks North America - Located in Cheyenne, WY
***Thought this interesting enough to share.
https://www.arctictrucks.us/

https://arctictrucks.com/mercedes-model-range/

I've been talking to there operation in Iceland, simply inquiring about the Artic Truck AT46 conversion (45-46" tires) - been drooling over owning one of these; Intention was to ship to US and build out the interior in the states. Unfortunately the Mercedes Sprinter on 45's is an extensive build (details shared below)
So I moved on to their Mercedes Sprinter AT35 (on 35' Tires)...I've been communicating with Randy and in the process let him know a little about this group & encouraged him to consider joining the forum (hope they do).
Below, I combined responses from several of our exchanges to condense the text (message also has a link to give an idea on what the build(s) look like - link showcases both the AT35 & AT46 options):

Here is a link to the page with a picture of an AT 35 Sprinter. https://www.arctictrucks.is/#!breyti.../sprinter-at35. I will ask the team if we have some other examples, this one was clearly prepared for a Tourist operator.

The modification for the 44”/46” is very extensive, we’re building entire front and rear subframes and using custom suspension and heavy Dana axles. It’s essentially the running gear out of say, an F350 that is properly integrated with the Sprinter unibody To go along with this, there is extensive bodywork to fit those tires. Unless you have a very specific use case or truly are off-road, we have found this to be a bit too much for personal use. We sell them in Iceland for tourism operators that run heavily loaded, mostly off road, and need 100% uptime. Pricing for these is $315K+ excluding the donor vehicle and this work would be done in Iceland.

The modification for a 35” can be done in the US. We have not started any yet here and are still focusing on Ford builds but it’s on our radar. Our experience with these is exclusively in Europe so there may be some issues that come up along the way if we find differences to the NA sprinters. Pricing for this modification has not been finalized but estimate in the $10K-$20K range.

Thanks for the heads up on the Forum. I’ve seen a number of these E350’s on the road and they are so cool, it’s a shame they are not still being produced. Can you share a picture of your van? Sounds impressive!

Randy

Randy Hasson
Arctic Trucks North America
Cell: (206) 679-9915

This is what got me motivated: