Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #11

There is no downside to opting out. The costs are the same whether you have a stereo there or not. It's still all wired up - just no head unit.

What does a Viper alarm get you that the factory alarm system can't do? I've never understood the rational with an aftermarket alarm system.

The Extra DEF is standard - so nothing you can do there. Besides, never a bad thing to have more DEF capacity.

Wrinkledpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #12
IPT

Wrinkle I see these options...(source: http://www.sprinter-rv.com/wp-conten...ring_Guide.pdf

EN6 AUDIO 10 -$157 (looks like not having the headunit itself)

ER0 PRE-INSTALLATION FOR RADIO -$369

RADIO PREP
DETAILS & TECHNOLOGY
Pre-wiring (12 V) for retrofitting an aftermarket radio. Includes short-range interference suppression, a flexible
stub radio roof antenna and loudspeakers.
Note:
Pre-wiring not compatible with the multifunction steering wheel (CL4).

(looks like the wiring for and the speakers as well as a power feed). Obviously if get an aftermarket headunit the stock speakers will go too. I'll need to talk to an installer and see if having the wiring present is going to save me the $370 it will cost to have it present (because once the stock speakers come out that is all I will have left from the factory option).

Where are the rear stock speakers in a High Roof crew van anyway? I have seen many mounted in the upper part of the rear door but have always figured that was an aftermarket install location.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #13

Pre-Installation is the radio delete. I've never seen an option that removes the stereo, wiring, and speakers. That would be a big job to re-install all of that.

You either take the audio 15 (standard), get a small credit for the lesser Audio 10, or do pre-install option if you don't want a head unit.
Wrinkledpants is offline   Reply With Quote