Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #21

Re: Factory Sprinter 4x4

Fwiw, I spoke with a mb sprinter dealer again, and basically it sounds like for this first year of 4x4 sprinters brought over, FedEx,ups,ambulance companies,etc have already reserved the very large majority. Dealer said that it will be very hard otherwise to get one until the following year and that the 4x4 option will be somewhere in the 8k neighborhood. The following year they are slated to bring over 6000 units as opposed to the 1500 for 2015.
J

yondermountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #22

Apparently, they're now available in Canada. http://www.thesprinter.ca/en

Optional low range, and starting from CDN $53k to $66k for base models.

Cheers,
Brent
Old 10-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #23

Official USA 4x4 prices
Option Package X29 High Range 4×4 – $6,500
Option Package X30 Low & High Range 4×4 – $6,800

ordering info

http://sprinterguy.wordpress.com/2014/1 ... re-orders/
k9sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #24

thanks for the great info, that sounds better than what my dealer seemed to think!
might need to email the sprinter guy....
j
Old 10-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #25
Site Team

On my way home yesterday, I just got a quick glimpse of what I swear was a silver Sprinter, with a very large "the new 4x4"decal across the rear of the diver's side body. I'm talking about a 3' high decal.

Herb
Old 10-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondermountain
Fwiw, I spoke with a mb sprinter dealer again, and basically it sounds like for this first year of 4x4 sprinters brought over, FedEx,ups,ambulance companies,etc have already reserved the very large majority. Dealer said that it will be very hard otherwise to get one until the following year and that the 4x4 option will be somewhere in the 8k neighborhood. The following year they are slated to bring over 6000 units as opposed to the 1500 for 2015.
J
Interesting. My van was "made to order" based off my specifications. I will hit up my sprinter dealer and see if they are hearing the same thing you mentioned.

tv
tonyvoudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #27

Newbie here, and this is my first post. I hope I'm doing it correctly!

Last week, SMB West accepted a deposit from my wife and me on a 2015 4x4 Sprinter Van. We barely made it in to the original order of 30 that they are placing. MBz apparently accepted that 30-van order from SMB on Monday, Oct 27. An official MBz confirmation has not been passed on to us.

At the time we placed our order with SMB West, the pricing had not been finalized, but the 8k range mentioned above is probably close. Of course, it's way too early to know what the fuel mileage will be, and we have our fingers crossed that it is not too horrible (compared to other Sprinters).

I hope our somewhat hasty order does not turn out to be something we regret. We have known for quite a few years that we would eventually upgrade from our 90 Westfalia Vanagon to a Sprinter Sportsmobile. Then, several months ago I decided to retire at the end of 2014. We were passively and slowly thinking about getting an order figured out. Two weeks ago my wife called SMB West to help get us started on the normal ordering process. At that time, the SMB rep told my wife about the imminent order for 4x4s, and explained that beyond that initial 30 vans there may not be any others until 2016. We thought about it for 3 days, and jumped!

We ordered a high-roof RB (with moderate concern about center of gravity). Perhaps in some other post we can talk about why we were interested in 4x4, what our expectations are, and why we struggled with the decision.

Hoping for more details soon.
D
WestyToSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyToSMB
Newbie here, and this is my first post. I hope I'm doing it correctly!

Last week, SMB West accepted a deposit from my wife and me on a 2015 4x4 Sprinter Van. We barely made it in to the original order of 30 that they are placing. MBz apparently accepted that 30-van order from SMB on Monday, Oct 27. An official MBz confirmation has not been passed on to us.

At the time we placed our order with SMB West, the pricing had not been finalized, but the 8k range mentioned above is probably close. Of course, it's way too early to know what the fuel mileage will be, and we have our fingers crossed that it is not too horrible (compared to other Sprinters).

I hope our somewhat hasty order does not turn out to be something we regret. We have known for quite a few years that we would eventually upgrade from our 90 Westfalia Vanagon to a Sprinter Sportsmobile. Then, several months ago I decided to retire at the end of 2014. We were passively and slowly thinking about getting an order figured out. Two weeks ago my wife called SMB West to help get us started on the normal ordering process. At that time, the SMB rep told my wife about the imminent order for 4x4s, and explained that beyond that initial 30 vans there may not be any others until 2016. We thought about it for 3 days, and jumped!

We ordered a high-roof RB (with moderate concern about center of gravity). Perhaps in some other post we can talk about why we were interested in 4x4, what our expectations are, and why we struggled with the decision.

Hoping for more details soon.
D
So your saying you , gave a deposit, bought a sprinter, and you don't know how much your are paying for it?????

FWIW, the prices I posted ARE the OFFICIAL MB MSRP prices for the 4x4 options (MB STICKER PRICE)
Its not like dealearships don't know the price of the 4x4 option , the price IS the price!!!!
Personally, I would never buy/sign something without knowing the price
I would never pay sticker price , let alone,... above sticker on any new vehicle.
k9sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #29

Just spoke to my dealer again in fresno and he says that your best chance to get one is to place an order with smb, as they are considered a fleet dealer, etc. (the fleet orders will be filled first) he places the orders for them. the chances of getting one with a regular order through a dealer are slim, but if you got one of the 30 through smb you will get it eventually this year basically. they start building them in jan and takes approx. 4 months to get it built and shipped over to the us, per the dealer. they will build/ship them in waves, so smb might get 5-10 built early on then another 5-10 a little later, etc. so if you placed an order early on with smb, I would hazard a guess that you will be in line to get one sooner. sounds like 2016 will be a different story, like 6000-7500 units per the dealer.
Can't wait to see one!
j
Old 10-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #30

That pricing seems correct as posted earlier. My dealer sent this info today. He didn't provide any information about how scarce they will be, but offered to spec one out. Who knows? The pricing was lower than I expected. I assume Quigley will probably be about $10,000 on the Transit.

>>>>>
The V6 engine with the 5 speed transmission is required
for either option.
The price for Option X29 High Range 4X4 is $ 6,500.00 and
the X30 Low & High Range 4X4 is $6,800.00
>>>>>
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote