Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #1

Height of 2011 Sprinter High Roof

I'm confused. MB says that the height of the 2500 high roof Sprinter is 107.5 inches. Out of curiosity I measured mine today. I measured in the back along the line where the doors meet. I measured on the side along the side door. Both times: 102 inches, even allowing a bit "extra" at the top to allow for the roof being a wee bit higher in the middle. I re-measured several times. I even measured from garage floor to an eye-level point and from that point to the roof and added the results. 102 inches. Any thoughts? Thanks.

bluesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #2

Re: Height of 2011 Sprinter High Roof

My 2012 RB sprinter has one of the those factory rubber radio antennas above the cab that adds a couple of inches. Maybe they have included that as part of the vehicle height spec to indicate required minimum clearance? Also your van is not unladen (all that build out casework weight), and may not have the some optional suspension or tires that could increase the height -if the specs were intended to indicate maximum height.
Spenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #3

Re: Height of 2011 Sprinter High Roof

Good points. Maybe the measurement is to the top of the antenna. And perhaps the weight brings the vehicle down a bit. I doubt either one alone would account for 6 inches difference but perhaps both together. Has anyone else measured the actual height?
bluesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote