Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #21

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Re: Looking for Photo of Inside Rear Doors of Mercedes Sprin

There is plenty of room for electrical and hoses without cutting IMHO. Of course, I have widows in my doors which would make cutting a bad idea. Also, I mounted the spare on the left door and needed support for that.

I think the MB engineers must have had good reason for that structrual design.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #22

It does look as though that cross-member is bracing the exterior of the door. If it remains, the larger of the two lower openings could fit electrical cords, but a rolled up hose? I've been told people fit rolled up flat hoses. I doubt a rolled up typical hose would fit. Those usually are 18 to 24 inches in diameter, and these lower openings look to be much smaller than that.
bluesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #23

Even something like this probably won't fit:

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?S=2332068

Edit, ok, so how do I get a picture to show up instead of the link?

Edit again: Maybe this:

[thumb]http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=382&image_id=13937[/thumb]

No, it's via attachments.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #24

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesprinter
It does look as though that cross-member is bracing the exterior of the door. If it remains, the larger of the two lower openings could fit electrical cords, but a rolled up hose? I've been told people fit rolled up flat hoses. I doubt a rolled up typical hose would fit. Those usually are 18 to 24 inches in diameter, and these lower openings look to be much smaller than that.
My flat hose is off the roller thing which just takes up space and weight. I have the flat hose, a 6 foot normal hose and a 12 foot hose . . . wait, I will try to get a picture.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56

??????????????? Presley doesn't get a view?????????????
Are U kidding? Normally he is in the passenger seat. If my dw is along he insists on sharing it with her.

After all, it is his bus. He just loans it to me.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #26

The doors should be built so the inside is larger than the opening. That way you can wedge things in. My right door (electrical) is about 5" deeper on the bottom and about 2" wider on other sides than the opening.

The left door is not the same. Don't know why but it is about 2 " wider on all sides than the opening.

The left door has 2 regular hoses, one 4 ft and one 20 feet that is actually the gw drain hose. Plus the flat hose, pressure regulator and gloves. The bolts you see are the 2 bottom bolts holding my spare tire mount.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #27

Strange, if I didn't see the items in the door, I would have guessed they would not have fit. And I would have been wrong.

If I can disturb you more ... what are the dimensions of the two "cavities" ... knowing that will make it easier for me to describe to SMB what I want.

Many thanks!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #28

The left compartment opening is 19" x 8". Inside the compartment is 22"x11"x3". It is not even all around as apparently it follows contour of the outside of the door and maybe the cross beams.

The right compartment opening is 16-1/2" x 7-1/4". Inside the measurements are 22" x 13" x 2-3/4"

Why these are not the same I have no idea. Maybe Jose did the right door and Mike did the left door.

A big discovery when I measured the right door . . . it was wet in the right bottom corner . Now I have to pull the door cover off to see where the water is coming from . . . well, I know it is coming from the California rain but I have to figure out how it is getting into the door. I am pretty sure I know and will confirm later.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #29

Leaks. Had one decades ago in the driver's door on a Chevy Nova II. But didn't know it until the water had done its damage. I was in college, had little money, and learned a lot of DIY body work! What is frustrating is that leaks often aren't noticed or find-able until they've done too much damage.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #30

And thanks for the measurements. That really, really helps.