Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #11

Sam,

The BMK is well worth it. Nothing simpler than a % readout, it takes the guesswork out of it.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #12

Since I corrected the wiring error as noted in my original post above, my BMK has been a great addition to my SMB. I can very accurately monitor my batteries with it and know exactly when I need to recharge. I am not sure if there are good alternatives but not having it would be like driving without a speedometer.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloya View Post
Fitz, I do not have the BMK on my SMB.
Do you find this to be a worthwhile option or would you prefer a different option.
I have not had any problems but have been thinking of a BMS lately since changing over to Lithium.
I have a Magnum Inv/Chgr and along with the Magnum ME-ARC remote. IMO, The ME-ARC remote is required not only for setting the multitude of parameters on the Magnum Inv/Chgr, but also allows you to turn the Charger and Inverter On and Off remotely rather than at the main unit. The ME-ARC remote does provide a number of battery monitoring readouts but for battery monitoring I rely primarily on Victron's BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor. It's best feature is its Bluetooth capability to send battery info to your Smart Phone. See pic below of my iPhone screen. I can monitor my battery status from in my house.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2529.jpg