Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #11

Caulk in the shower handle outlet holes. THAT'S clever.

Stewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #12

I found this guys web page very helpful when we planned our van. We used the same Shurflo bath and shower faucet and it is awesome and very controllable.

https://davidelmore.com/Equipment.php

We have a 20 gal water tank which I find adequate. I rigged up a simple siphon system where I can fill a portable water jug at a camp faucet, set it on the van floor, put the siphon hose into the jug, flip a couple valve levers and turn on my electric water pump to pump it into the freshwater tank. I can add 5-10 gallons in a few minutes with minimal hassle. Water is heavy and takes up a lot of valuable interior storage space. I don’t find the need for a huge freshwater tank with my siphon system.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe View Post
I found this guys web page very helpful when we planned our van. We used the same Shurflo bath and shower faucet and it is awesome and very controllable.

https://davidelmore.com/Equipment.php
That is my website and I am glad it was helpful. The original faucet that I describe on my site was good, but when it wore out I could not find the same head without buying the whole faucet assembly.

David
Old 09-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #14

I need to mention that I had trouble with the $11 shower head that I linked to Amazon for in post #9 above. We use it in our bathroom sink so it gets used several times a day and we are on a 2-month trip. So after a few hundred uses it jammed up and would not turn off. I poured some cooking oil in the top of it and then after fiddling with it for a while finally got it to work like new. I suggest pouring some cooking oil in the top of it on a regular basis before it jams.

David
Old 11-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #15

For anyone watching or considering, my van was completed in Charleston a few weeks ago and is in transport to Sportsmobile West. Thats 10 months from placing a deposit. Could be on site by end of month or sooner.
SCTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #16

Van has arrived. Almost finalized build out at sportsmobile west today, Minor details left. Van should be in production next week. Those two year waits seem to be over.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:11 PM   #17

Had some delays, but van is well underway. Estimated completion sometime in March.
Placed deposit on van a year ago to the day. Nothing new as far as batteries or other equipment than what has been well documented on this forum already so I’m not going to beat a dead horse. My layout is a little different than what I’ve seen so I’ll post pics of that after pick up. I think it’s going to be spot on for a family of 4 that likes to surf... I’m pretty stoked on the build though due to the help of everyone before me. Made decisions easy.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #18

Van is finished and in qc line. I’ll go snag here in a few weeks. I think it turned out exactly as I had hoped as far as layout. I’m sure someone has same layout but I have yet to see a dinette under a moab bed. We were going for sleeping for 4, and a place to comfortably sit in bad weather, mainly afternoon winds in Baja. I’ll post more pictures after pick up.

https://ibb.co/thnHfys
Old 03-20-2020, 11:11 PM   #19

We have our van! We’re excited with how it turned out. Picked it up day before Sportsmobile closed for the remainder of month.

I have a question though. We did a test run last night, we were heading to Indio and then to some desert camping before the state shelter in place. Only got one night in it, I have two little kids and my wife got cold feet being away from home. But we found maybe an issue or user error. I turned off main breaker before plugging in to shore power. Plugged it all in and flipped 30amp breaker shore and then the vans main. Microwave worked but my gfi wouldn’t reset. Stayed in “popped” position. Unplugged and used inverter and gfi worked and all 110 outlets worked. Thoughts? Sportsmobile is closed so I can’t get help from them yet. Not going anywhere but curious