Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #21
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by caideN View Post
Here is mine with the 'T-Top'
Very nice! What did the top end up costing you?

Gar

GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAR View Post
Very nice! What did the top end up costing you?

Gar
I bought the van used but from research on the web, it's around 6-8k for the top alone from GTRV (I can be wrong). It seems like GTRV never like to share how much their top will cost until you're 99.9% ready to get one installed
caideN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #23

Last year GTRV quoted me slightly more for their T-Top than Sportsmobile's standard price for a Sprinter PH top. Each has its advantages. For the GTRV it is primarily the lower profile and I like that the top fits onto a fiberglass wrap around base with lip attached to the roof, whereas the Sportsmobile seats on the existing steel roof.

Sportsmobile PH advantages include having a full length roof cut out (GTRV is smaller), more headroom in van and above the bed, using a heavy duty convertible top fabric compared to GTRV's light weight sunbrella type fabric, and, big for me when cutting into a brand new van, Sportsmobile has the only Mercedes tested and approved poptop, and the only pop-top installer certified by Mercedes through their Master Upfitter program. I went with Sportsmobile PH and am happy with it.

Here are pics of the inside of the GTRV slant top roof and the Sportsmobile PH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #24
IPT

probably not much has changed in the past few months. Might as well check though. Seems to me Sportsmobile is well known, and time tested. Fairly large inside, maybe a tad narrow. From what I am reading the CCV is larger inside (and out) but also stronger with thicker fabric, can be insulated, and (may be?) better in windy conditions due to the strength. Also appears that maybe the CCV poptop even down would add nice headroom inside but I do not know that for sure. Agree it looks clunky, but that may be the trade off for the other benefits. It would also be nice to sit up and change. I have a sierra designs tent, tiny, for two people. It has that slope. It's pain to get out the sleeping bags in the am. I'm thinking the CCV offers the most "usable" space, but again at the price of some aesthetics.

The GTRV looks nice and is low profile. Nice if that is the difference between getting a garage or not. Though if am paying 8-10K then I would like the super strength, insulation, and extra headroom the CCV seems to offer.

All speculation on my part as I have none of these and am just planning myself. Would love to hear from others based on real experience or their research.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #25

IPT - Where are you located? You can add location to your profile.

We have a CCV mid top and are in San Francisco if you are close by and want to check one out. 😊
Old 06-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #26
Site Team

Another option.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ies-19657.html
Old 06-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #27
IPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
IPT - Where are you located? You can add location to your profile.

We have a CCV mid top and are in San Francisco if you are close by and want to check one out. 😊
Thanks - I'll update but I am way the heck North of you in Alaska

IPT is offline   Reply With Quote