Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #1

service messages on a Sprinter

I started my 2017 Sprinter yesterday and the readout said 23 days to service A. I have 10,000 miles on it and changed the oil, filter and air filter at 7,000 last spring. Should I ignore it and wait for service B at 20,000 miles. Is there a issue with waiting? I remember reading what services were associated with these A and B, and feeling that B was more detailed. Is there a limited number of starts after the 23 days are up? Will the van just eject the driver after 23 days? Any suggestions, experience?

salim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #2

Maybe MB should add a credit card slot to their vans and you could just slide your card to shut off the light.

But I would check the owners manual to see what each service requires and determine if you are OK to wait till service B. My guess is yes.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #3

You need to reset the service reminder light when you change your own oil. I can’t remember the exact protocol but there are several YouTube videos showing this. I don’t think it is included in the owners manual but it is easy to do.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:08 PM   #4

Oh maaaaaaan. I think you just helped me see my way to a life long subscription to YouTube. THANKS FOR THE TIP!
Stewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:16 AM   #5

Salim. You stated you changed the oil, filter and air filter at 7000 miles. Did you also check the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (aka BlueTec, AdBlue). Bad things happen when you run out of BlueTec.
porschedpm is offline   Reply With Quote