Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #1

Sprinter DEF Tank Move

Saw a Sprinter with the relocated DEF tank. The tank was moved forward to engine compartment. The tank is smaller (lighter) and no longer uses valuable realestate under the van. Should also help with the weigh issue and lean on the 2500 recommended by SMB.

SkinnyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #2

Re: Sprinter DEF Tank Move

I spoke with a dealership salesman and he said that this option is now available but I did not see it on any of the forms for van order.

Do you know the order code for this item?

Thanks.
Charlie is the best antidote for a tough week at work. I get to see a different side of this great country and relax in different places on every trip. My vacation home is parked where money can't buy residence. Life is a long journey and my magic carpet is named Charlie.
Chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #3

I purchased my 2012 2500 sprinter from SMB West Stock Unit inventory. On the Van invoice it was listed as: "KP2 Small SCR Tank" option from their vendor.
Spenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #4

Great, I had that written down as a question order code.

Is there a place where we mortals can go to get this information for ourselves, that includes complete descriptions?

Thanks.
Charlie is the best antidote for a tough week at work. I get to see a different side of this great country and relax in different places on every trip. My vacation home is parked where money can't buy residence. Life is a long journey and my magic carpet is named Charlie.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #5

The Sprinter Ordering Guides include the description of each feature option, the price of the option, its option code, and the option packages it's included in.

These change yearly - I have the MY2012 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van Ordering Guide and Sprinter 3500 Cargo Van Ordering Guides posted on my Sprinter RV Conversion Resources page at:

http://www.sprinter-rv.com/resources/
Old 02-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #6

Thank you for referencing the Van Ordering Guide. I have been using this but did not know what some items meant like "SCR" tank vs DEF and "heat insulation" but not stating where it goes. A couple of items like that.

Overall, after studying that guide I have a very good idea of what I want. I just hope that I can get it all right when ordering through SMB.

The tank moved to the front seems like a very good idea. I just need to know if it helps the build. I am waiting to hear about that...