Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #11

I actually think I met Peter the day he was picking up his new Sprinter SMB in May. I only got to see the outside of his van, but it looked great. If I recall correcly, he lived in the LA area. I did tell him about this forum, although I have no clue if he ever joined.

Can't wait to see pictures of your finished van 49ers.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #12

We can't wait for the finished pics either!! And, thanks for the info on "Peter." Hopefully, he took your advice and is taking advantage of all the great information on the Forum.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #13

Posted a few more pictures that Jonathan sent us today. Still have the solar panels and a few finishing touches, but we're just about there!!

Now we're busy starting to outfit the new SMB. We got a Kelty basecamp kitchen, so we can do most of our cooking outside and decided on a Partner 2-burner steel stove. We also got a Kelty Carport Deluxe. We just need to figure out how to attach it to the van! If not, guess we'll be looking for a free standing EZ-up variety.

Haven't figured out yet about a sleeping system, other than a couple of sleeping bags, and still working on the kitchen supplies and storage. Guess we'll work on that as we go...

Just excited that we're only 2 1/2 weeks away!!

Kay & Al
49ers
Old 06-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #14

49ers Thanks for posting more pics it's been fun watching the progress.
Our van is finally moving through the line. The penthouse is installed and the cabinets are going in. The SMB crew is really cranking on it now!

Henry
Old 06-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #15

Here is the last set of build pictures from SMB West. The next ones we'll be taking ourselves!!

49ers
Old 06-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #16

49ers

My wife and I made a quick run up to Fresno on Tuesday to work out the final details on our build. We really just wanted to have a look at the van in the flesh. It's further along than we thought. We saw your Sprinter and it seems about finished, all clean and shiny. The crew at SMB did a nice job! You guys must be excited.

Henry
Old 06-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #17

Henry--Glad to hear your build is coming along. And yes, we're VERY excited about picking up our van and getting out on the back roads, even with the high diesel prices!! We may spend more time in one place, but at least we'll have great accommodations!

Kay & Al
49ers